𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟑𝟑

QOTD: any swifties out there? what is ur fave song/album i'm very in my swiftie feels today

• • •

THE NIGHT OF THE BALL

─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Josh's POV

"It's a really interesting crossover, Flynn Rider turning up to the ball with...Mulan" I kid as I'm adjusting my waistcoat in one of the spare event rooms, where all the performers were doing their last minute touch ups.

"Well it's not like you could pull off the hunk that is Li Shang" Olivia replied. I looked over to her and winced at her devious grin before we both giggled.

Olivia looked absolutely amazing, I had always said she should be her own Disney Princess, but her Mulan-inspired mint-green dress, with blue accents and red flowers was a great contender. We had travelled together to the ball and I had my Flynn-inspired suit ready to go, and Aunt Gwen complimented it immediately before handing me another stick of gum. I just had no idea when Rapunzel was coming. All I knew was that Gwen forced Addie to go home and get ready instead of staying back to help set up, and Olivia mentioned that she hadn't seen her all day either.

A couple of people had asked me and Olivia for photos before we all were able to walk out into the ball room and finally have the event start. I was able to see glimpses of the team's vision for the ballroom when I was working alongside them, but when we saw the finished product, it just screamed of Adeline's hard work. There were long blue translucent curtains surrounding the whole space, with lights behind them giving the illusion we were in an iced cave. There were white fairy lights hanging from the ceiling, with blue and white peonies decorating every table on the other end. Our favourite Disney hits were playing in the background and I looked over to Liv who was already squealing and filming the venue for her story.

"I'm actually gonna cry Josh what the shit is this, I can't believe Addie and everyone pulled this off!" she said before jumping a bit and pressing Your Story on Instagram.

I knew that tears would come out if I let then, but if I started now, everything that I was feeling was going to come out and I would end up in a puddle right before my performance. Hence, I merely smiled with awe and nodded in response.

Just then, my phone buzzed and I brought it out to see a notification I didn't think I'd see in a long time.

outtalinephillips just tweeted: 'hey twits it's been a while' ...

I could've broke records for how fast I swiped on that notification.

╭─────────────────╮

Addie Phillips @outtalinephillips
hey twits it's been a while :)) and I don't think I'm ever gonna have the mental capacity to address what ppl have said about me, but I just wanted to wish everyone at our ball the best 2nite – more so thank them for coming n supporting us xx good luck y'all

🗨 1043 ↻ 4k ♡ 15k

╰─────────────────╯

She hadn't posted on social media since all of the speculation began, and of course I couldn't blame her. I was really only posting when my management requested me to, and I would delete the apps right after. It was such a shame because Twitter used to be her space to say whatever the fuck she wanted, and her followers loved her humour – whether she was talking about her ranking on types of peanut butter or her hilarious takes on HSMTMTS.