𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟏𝟓

QOTD: favourite 2000's teen movie? mine's she's the man it never fails to make me laugh to this day

• • •

Adeline's POV

𝐇𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐋𝐄𝐀𝐍𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐆𝐀𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓 the gate - his usual spot - with his skateboard resting next to him. He seemed way too delighted to see us come outside. I thought we were finally going to catch a break from him, but he had the face of victory plastered on.

"Jordan, what are you doing here? Can't you just leave us alone?" I said with a dull tone as we neared him. I looked over to Josh and the charm he had all night seemed to dissolve at the sight of my ex.

"Come on man just let it go" Josh added trying to back me up. He was still doing a good job of sounding calm even if his eyes screamed with irritancy.

"Oh I've let go, I was just wanting to know uh - how long do you guys plan on keeping this act up?" he asked casually. His smirk proudly stayed on his face and he just waited for our faces to turn scared.

"It's not a - what are you talking about?" I stuttered. My cheeks immediately turned flushed. I could see it in Jordan's eyes. I could tell when he knew a secret. I also knew he loved holding it over people.

"Show's over Philly, I can't believe I didn't figure it out sooner - but Josh I'm more surprised you decided to play boyfriend when you could be out I don't know, being a celebrity or whatever - writing a song - "

"What the hell are you talking about?" Josh asked with a deeper voice. Even he sounded nervous though, he could tell that Jordan had backup this time.

"Let's just say it's a good thing your family doesn't follow you on social media, and if you wanted to keep your 'relationship' believable, you shoulda thought to delete his comments" he said before showing us his phone screen.

He had my tweet about meeting Josh at the grocery store, screenshotted. Josh's reply, then his comment on my Instagram. Jordan found the proof. Josh and me have barely known each other - and suddenly we've been in a relationship for a while?

Maybe someone else could pull this off, but Jordan knew more than anyone that I don't just get into relationships quickly. Even Josh knew this. I didn't know what this meant. Jordan walked forward and his face simply gave me chills. I used to be love with that face, that smile, those eyes. How could someone you cared about so much only want to see you fail now?

Josh didn't have any words but all I felt was him move the slightest bit in front of me, his shoulder just passed mine. Like he was trying to protect me. I couldn't say it then, but every ounce of my being was feeling relief for that small gesture.

"You really went through all this effort of stalking her social media to find what you needed huh?" Josh asked in a snarky tone.

"Look who's talking bud," he snapped back and I could see Josh realise he had a point, "But that's besides the point - "

"No the point is why do you care so much? You just insulted her and yet you're trying to achieve something here - of exposing her when she's doing better, and for what?"

"Guys can we just not...let's just get you home" I butted in. I couldn't deal with this anymore. Jordan brought out the worst side in everyone - Blaire and now Josh.

"Funny you guys haven't even denied it, the point is - I'm just really surprised that good girl Adeline is lying to her family, and for what?" he mimicked Josh and I gritted my teeth.