𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟏𝟑

QOTD: fave original song of olivia??

i swear i didn't stan that girl as much as josh but after hearing her quarantunes, they're almost equal at this point

• • •

Josh's POV

𝐈 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐋𝐃𝐍'𝐓 𝐇𝐄𝐋𝐏 𝐁𝐔𝐓 smile over to Adeline as she tried to pep herself up. I was going to meet her family for the first time. Yet she was the one who probably needed encouragement that it was going to be okay. But I get it, she hadn't done this since Jordan - and after meeting him today I understand why she'd have doubts at all.

I still couldn't wrap my head around how a guy could do that to her. Addie wouldn't hurt a fly, I hoped that she'd never have to feel that betrayed again.

But again, I knew why she was nervous - because this wasn't even real. A fake boyfriend was meeting her family in order to lay off her for not dating anyone. I wouldn't have expected myself to go in this far with her, but it was like the more she pushed me away from doing it - the more I wanted to. I just wanted to stick around.

"Okay Josh you're an actor right so you remember everything I told you - how to be perfect and shit and what our story is so we don't get caught" Addie spoke quickly and Blaire looked over to me and laughed with pity.

I was so rehearsed in fact, that when Addie first gave me the guidelines, I typed them all in my Notes.

"Addie gave you homework, classic" Angelo commented and I looked back to him and playfully rolled my eyes. Addie then slapped her brother's arm making him laugh even more.

"Look Addie I know you're nervous, but I won't let you down," I assured and she looked up to me and let out a shaky breath. My words helped - but we all knew Adeline was just a worrier.

"Hey and if he forgets the lines he can always improvise, and that's on Season 1 Episode 10" Blaire added. I grinned at her and pointed, to let her I know I appreciated the backup and she smiled in return. It was so awesome being surrounded by people who really appreciated my work.

I slightly brushed my hand over hers to get her attention, as she was just looking at the door before she turned to me. Addie nodded but I sighed as I could still tell she was not confident. This anxiety of hers would just ruin the whole thing before I even started talking to her Mom.

"Okay would it help you if you ran me through it all one more time?" I asked. She finally smiled and took in a deep breath before turning towards me. Blaire and Angelo just huffed, as they had to wait behind us for a bit longer.

"Okay just like a few pointers maybe...just remember you need to compliment Mom's food and eat as much as you possibly can and if she asks if you want a drink just say water. And you know Aunty G is tricky but just hold conversation and don't seem intimidated and if she offers you gum you take it like you need it to survive - she has so many in her bag and pockets for her smoking but like she'll offer some if she doesn't hate you - "

"I remember feeling like a boss when she gave me one" Blaire chimed.

"Exactly, oh and don't mention my dad. Mom's mad at him for not making it already, and don't mention the ball around them. That's it I guess -"

"Wait, why not the ball again?" I then interrupted.

"Well 'cause they'll get all on your case about 'taking me' when that's not even what you're doing - like you're going to perform but they'll just pressure you as much as me, and we don't need that" Addie clarified like it was obvious.