𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟐𝟒

QOTD: who's ur fave author on wattpad and why?
Or if u don't have one who's ur wattpad bestie?? Let's spread some love y'all

• • •

Adeline's POV

𝐈 𝐆𝐔𝐄𝐒𝐒 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 time to face everyone. To stop ignoring their messages and phone calls. To stop ignoring Him.

Wait not God though - okay shut up Adeline.

I felt like I had no one to talk to at this point. No one who was outside of the situation who knew me well enough, and who I felt comfortable enough around to vent to. Blaire now had college, Angelo had school, and Mom was at a Ladies Lunch according to her Instagram story, Aunty G was at some talent event.

I knew this small circle would give me the time if I asked for it, but I felt like this issue would be so small in their eyes and I didn't want to burden anyone further.

Tears were streaming down my face before I decided to turn my phone off and pack up all my shit. I finally decided to stop looking at Twitter and Instagram as I was basically asking to see the hate on me. So I mindlessly went to an app that always made me laugh, TikTok.

But since my For You page was of course partially HSMTMTS related, I was mad at myself for not realising it quick enough - because guess what was the hot topic on all their pages as well?

Thankfully I had a 'user364385399' type account so none of them knew I was on here, but a part of me wishes they did, because maybe they would calm down. Wait, who am I kidding...they were publicly calling me out on Twitter, nothing could stop them.

And literally the third video that came on my For You page made my eyes widen before they stung, because it was of me. I'd imagine it would be the weirdest feeling to see yourself on your FYP, I mean imagine being Noah Schnapp, everyone tagging you and hyping you up so you could get noticed. But when it's a video with the caption 'THIS GIRL OF ALL GIRLS?' before tagging @joshuatbassett... it was the worst feeling.

And they weren't just harassing me, these 'fans' were mostly talking about Josh for doing this to them?? Doing this to Olivia? They were mad at their common crush for this and it almost hurt more to see that I was the catalyst of another scandal-like uproar.

I had seen these types of videos and comments before, before I ever met Joshua. Videos with any girl he hung out with unless they were majorly loved like Sabrina Carpenter or something. A girl that was driving with him and talking to him flirtatiously, was getting torn apart in the comments because she was 'trying too hard' and her voice was annoying, a girl laughing with him at his apartment had the commenters freaking out that it wasn't Olivia. But this video on my For You Page, I never expected to be seen.

It was a video of me walking with Josh through the airport and I was looking up to him as I leaned into his collarbone; his arm was comfortably wrapped around my shoulder. We were chatting effortlessly, Chelsea was in the background on the phone before you could notice me eye the camera and distance myself from him.

The two girls at the airport when we landed in Salt Lake City. I fucking knew it.

My first instinct was to comment under it and call them out for this. But I would be in the minority since the rest seemed to be laughing at the blonde girl, or simply cursing her out. And me behind this basic username, my comment wouldn't mean shit. They would have no idea it was me and it'd go ignored. So I just swiped away and closed the app. But it took me over the edge.

People have the generic understanding that they shouldn't let hater's words get to them, but when you're just a simple girl who considered themselves to be a part of the community who was now hounding the shit out of you...it was really a friends turned enemies feeling.