𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟑𝟏

QOTD: favourite song on the HSMTMTS Christmas Special?? i low key haven't listened to most of it so i can be surprised on the 11th!

______

GUYS CAN WE GET 35 VOTES SKSKSK

I CANT TELL IF PPL EVEN LIKE THIS STORY ANYMORE LMAO

i also LOVE when u guys comment 🥺

• • •

𝑯𝑶𝑼𝑹𝑺 𝑩𝑬𝑭𝑶𝑹𝑬 𝑻𝑯𝑬 𝑩𝑨𝑳𝑳
─── · 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Adeline's POV

Everyone around me seemed to just mutter inconsequential words as I continuously moved things around...or walked back to triple check that what I set up was untouched. Today was a day that I realised that I couldn't rely on other interns get shit done right. Or maybe I was still just a control freak; the Adeline Phillips we know and tolerate.

There was only 3 hours before we had to start, and we were fairly low budget so we had to do everything ourselves. But I needed to leave soon, so I didn't smell like shit and I could look like a Walmart Rapunzel.

Before I left, I couldn't help but notice that Josh had already left, right after talking to my super helpful little brother, as he sat in the corner playing his Nintendo Switch. Olivia was elsewhere and I'm pretty sure Blaire was with her.

"You heading out now sweetie?" Aunty G asked me as I grabbed my backpack. She was really good at seeming controlled even though every square inch of this place was chaotic. I simply aspired to have that energy.

"Uh yeah, I'm gonna find Boba and we're gonna get ready and then I'll come back and check on the food and maybe then -"

"Addie calm down you're acting as if you birthed this event, your main job was to create the flier and I swear you didn't even care about the ball then. You nailed the graphic design now just relax and...get a job in the arts after this. Just get dressed, your nose is sweating."

I shyly rubbed my nose and cleared my throat, "Okay fine I - I don't know, I figured if I just kept working, I wouldn't have to think about everything actually being shit, wouldn't even have to see Josh around or - "

"God such a drama queen." She mumbled and I stopped speaking mid-syllable.

"I-I'm what?" I defended and she gave me a pitiful smile.

"Sorry but, both you kids are, when I was speaking to him yesterday with that small girl - the boy couldn't think straight, kept touching his hair it was exasperating - "

"Okay roast us why don't you," I muttered and my Aunt giggled.

"Well, he couldn't look me in the eye after I sent him that thank you note, and then I learned that you guys were done-zo" she responded and I nodded slowly.

"Wait, did Mom tell you...everything?" I suddenly went pink; I didn't want to deal with the embarrassment that Aunty G knew our relationship began, just to stop my family from discussing my single status. Telling Mom was humiliating enough and I knew that those sisters shared everything.

"Uh well, she told me that Josh was leaving for his album and show soon, and you guys chickened out of going long distance and you being a celebrity's girlfriend before it even started...to put it bluntly." She sassed and I rolled my eyes.