𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟐𝟑

QOTD: favourite tv show? i need a new one HAHA

Adeline's POV

#justiceforjolivia

#shesouttaline

#addiephillipsisoverparty

#clouttalinephillips

#joshuassecretgirl

𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐒𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐉𝐔𝐒𝐓 𝐒𝐎𝐌𝐄 of the hashtags that were trending in the community now. I had deleted my Twitter and I was looking at everything through a fake account, I couldn't stop.

They hated me.

Well a solid 80% of them did, but they were the loudest of them all. The ones who supported Josh through thick and thin were now judging him for liking a girl who looked so ..."basic".

There were people ho also didn't know me who were trying to defend me, fans who understand that Josh is a human who can do whatever he wants and that I had feelings too - but they were getting lost in the crowd of my scrolling. Because even the ones who were supporting us were using the same shitty hashtags of the attackers; so it just seemed like a long-ass thread of hate to start trending.

Josh was now a disappointment to them for no longer being 'single'. even though i wasn't sure if we were even dating. we kissed a couple times and that mistaken PDA but there was nothing official about any of it. We were just having fun for two seconds and it turned out for the worse.

He was losing the hype because random people 'lost their chance' with him. And some were just cancelling him again. Some 'supporters' they were.

They barely knew anything about me but they had screenshots of my tweets, my Instagram posts and my fucking Facebook profile, and decided that I was comparable to a bag of flour. Or, I was really funny on Twitter - especially because I was talking a lot about the show - which then meant I was just using Josh for clout. But the majority of tweets detailed that I wasn't a multitalented celebrity who could match up to the caliber of Joshua Bassett. Only Olivia could. How did I deserve him?

The thing that made it all worse, was that I was starting to believe it all.

Like, why me? I really wasn't anything special - I felt like a Bella or an Elena or a Tori, where everyone around me had something better to offer yet the guy of everyone's dreams, seemed to like me. I was a teen just trying to get through this weird decade and get a good job after this internship to support my family. Someone who had like one friend and some shitty baggage and happened to like their new Disney+ Original show.

And that simple yet significant life that I felt so comfortable in, crumbled before my eyes within hours on social media. I had no control over how I as being viewed anymore. None of them knew me, or my intentions - for fucks sake they barely knew Josh but they decided I wasn't good enough.

Which only reminded me, how I've felt that the both times I fell for someone. It ended chaotically and I was left feeling like I deserved it...because I should've known better than to think I could have the guy of my dreams.

Was he the guy of my dreams now? I didn't even feel like I had the choice it decide that anymore.

I spaced out for a few moments on my FaceTime call, having all these thoughts on a routinely loop.

"Addie I told you not to go on Twitter - please don't cry" Blaire pleaded, a face of worry on my screen as I rubbed my nose and sniffed.

"I'm - I'm not crying just recovering from my cold" I argued and she weakly smiled. Yeah we both knew I was just trying not to sob.