𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟐𝟓

QOTD: who's your OTP?? - can be real or fictional teehee

• • •

Adeline's POV

"𝐎𝐊𝐀𝐘...𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐒 𝐈𝐒 𝐀𝐁𝐎𝐔𝐓 Jordan isn't it?"

I immediately stepped back into my place.

I scoffed, "I know you did not just say that." He looked equally devastated and smug as if he caught the reason I was saying all this.

"I saw what you were looking at" he simply replied as he glanced to the phone in my hand. I shook my head with my mouth agape, I didn't know what to say. I was bewildered that he thought that. But my lack of response seemed to make him think he was still right.

He took my silence as an answer and scoffed mockingly, "So you've been reluctant about - whatever this is - from day one I felt like I had to chase you down for it to happen because of how he hurt you, and god it killed me every time thinking of him with you. I thought you were over it but things go wrong once and now you're back to looking at pictures of you and precious Jordie - "

"Oh Josh shut up that is not what's happening - I do not want that back are you kidding me? H-how could you even - " I stuttered and he pursed his lips, a whole new wave of anger was in his eyes.

"Well can you blame me?! You're not even trying to make this work and he's the only guy you ever loved - of course you would still have feelings for him, you can't tell me you don't think about him anymore, is he the guy you want still?" he suddenly urged and I felt put on the spot. The whole point was that for this whole weekend I didn't think about Jordan, the last time was at the airport when those stupid fans filmed us.

"He's had you in his toxic web - I've fucking seen it in your eyes! Since you never got closure and now you're using this shit as a way to get out or something, afraid to jump again" he argued and I groaned out of pure frustration. We were definitely going in circles, neither of us could see the other's point of view.

"Okay fine you want an answer, yes I thought about him when those girls caught us at the airport and I didn't say anything - "

"Aww shucks thanks for telling me now" he replied with a scorned sarcasm. I hated this side of him, of us. I never thought we'd get here.

I couldn't even remember how we got here.

"Jesus Christ Jo I didn't say anything because it wasn't a big deal, that's the whole fucking point! I knew you'd react - like this -" I yelled as I gestured to his stiff body language, "I took the time to wonder why I thought of him and it was because yes fine - I never got that closure, but mostly because the last time I had ever felt that free and happy in that moment was with Jordan and-and seeing any threat to that freaked me out so I stood away from you as an instinct. Also because I didn't want any leaked shit to come out...but look what happened!" I yelled and he just stood there with nothing to say.

"So there? Happy?!" I added with such impatience in my tone. He tried so hard to egg on that I was still into Jordan that it made me concerned how long he actually believed this.

I didn't blame him to a degree, but I wanted to give my all into this. I wanted to leave the insecurity behind with someone new, but how could I do that when there were eyes everywhere praying for Josh's downfall, and now mine.

"And you're one to talk about being stuck on someone no matter how much time has passed, it's not like you've written all your heartbroken songs about one girl who left, and you're probably still writing songs about her since she's your holy inspiration" I confronted with sass. He looked at with a hint of pain when I said the word 'inspiration' but I simply shook my head and looked away.