𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟐𝟖

QOTD: favourite JATP song?? you better have watched it, if not GIRL GO GOGO

sorry for the long ass hiatus, there's a possibility you've probably forgotten what's happened. m my mental health has been taking a bit of a hit but i'm gonna work on getting this finished, coz i still love that i've done with this story!

so yeah it's been a hot min. but let's just say we thought addie was gonna finally talk to one JB, after all the drama, but she ended up talking to the other 👀

• • •

Adeline's POV

𝐎𝐅 𝐂𝐎𝐔𝐑𝐒𝐄 𝐈 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖 Jordan was going to be here. Mom mentioned he was heading for the skate park after he confessed to everything, and I remembered he had been skating at night month's prior. Like the night he saw my lockscreen of Josh, back when the mere possibility of me knowing Josh could only be a fever dream.

I just didn't think I was going to ever be here at the same time as Jordan. But I knew this had to end. The pain I was carrying with me, like it made a home in mind. Rent free might I add.

Tall, dark and handsome; I always saw him that way. I then began to hold onto that idea even when I knew he used me for his own benefit, but I never knew why. I didn't want to know why and yet every step he came closer to me, there was a fire inside just wanting to incinerate him. But I couldn't run forever, because it was this race that was making me lose in every other race.

"So...you've practically stopped skating when the sun's out?" I asked awkwardly, an attempt to easy the very palpable tension. Jordan smirked lightly and played with the wheels to give him something to do.

"Yeah I guess, bit more peaceful - wanted to have it all to myself." He replied as he looked over the grey valley of small hills. I couldn't help but notice that there was a level of poignancy to those words. He was just taking about the skate park but there was so much more in the way he said it.

I didn't know how to just 'have a conversation' with him though, not yet. I simply needed to get it all out.

"Uh - I came here because I just need to know...why did you do it?"

"What 'it' do you mean exactly?" he asked with a hint of humour. Yeah they were a lot of things I didn't know his reasoning behind.

"Well for starters, tell my Mom after all this time - like sure me and Blaire would threaten you with it at times but we didn't want to say it either. You know what she can do? She can talk shit about you everywhere all the way to Canada" I exasperated and he was already nodding, he was well aware.

"Yeah I know, but it doesn't matter anymore. I just, she should've known this whole time and I let her know to not forgive me and that I'm definitely staying away from her son and...you - whatever she wanted" he was rambling, without even looking at me. My eyebrows were extremely creased and I started looking elsewhere as if another party could somehow clear my confusion.

But before asking what his intentions were, there was something else I just needed to hear first, "And I saw you," I declared suddenly, and it was his turn to looked at me confused, "I saw you defending me on Twitter, a good attempt but their wrath was too strong" I added and his eyes swelled for a second, as if he had just got caught stealing cookies from the cookie jar.

"Oh you - right, huh. I thought you would've deleted your apps by then, they were just pissing me off so much" he stumbled his words. I was so unbelievable confused, because his demeanour and words didn't make me want to incinerate him after so long.