𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟏𝟒

QOTD: if i wrote a josh imagines book would u read it ASGDJEKFLT

• • •

Adeline's POV

𝐖𝐄 𝐖𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐀𝐋𝐋 𝐒𝐈𝐓𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 at the table having dessert until Aunty G's phone went off. My nerves had simmered down at this point since Josh was playing his role perfectly - I mean there was no reason to doubt his acting abilities. He had complimented Gwen's feta salad, the whole feast Mom made and his charisma was rubbing off on everyone.

He even gave Angelo a dollar from when he swore in front of him at the grocery store - making me and Blaire become more obsessed with the two boys. My brother was practically attached by the waist to Josh from then on. He made sure they sat next to each other at dinner.

I was almost starting to believe he was my date to this dinner - my Mom was 100% on board and they hadn't stopped talking for ages at one point. I swear I was talking to Blaire more than focusing on what the main issue was.

"Oh, it's Robbie - I'll be back in a few minutes" she said before taking her husband's phone call.

"Hey Josh what's your star sign?" Blaire suddenly chimed and I looked to her with confused eyes. Not only was that a weird question, but also we both knew she already had the answer to this. Like she was that fan.

"A proud Capricorn if I do say so myself" he replied after a light laugh, "why?" he then asked. He looked over to me and I had the same confused face, as we watched Blaire and Angelo typing something into his phone. Their eyes then sparkled at whatever they were reading and they looked back up to us.

"Do you know which star sign you're most compatible with?" Geli asked. Mom was just looking between all us kids, highly amused. I just proceeded to sigh heavily.

I had no interest in any of that stuff, but I now knew my Sun, Moon and Rising signs since Blaire was obsessed with having life's events depend on your zodiac.

"Guys come on I doubt he's into all that zodiac stuff - "

"Woahwoah hold on I'm curious" he interjected cheekily. I nudged him to show my annoyance but he merely giggled next to me.

Boba cleared her throat, "Well good sir, it just so happens to be Taurus...which just so happens to be - "

"Okayy you guys, I'll just uh clear the plates since we're all done here" I piped up.

I stood up from my chair and caught the two troublemakers smirking to themselves. They knew this wasn't real right? Like I understood that we were trying to make this seem real but that felt different.

Josh suddenly got up with me, "Let me help you Adeline," he offered and I let a large smile grow on my face. I didn't tell him to do that, but being gentlemanly was intrinsic to his nature.

My mother tsked but smiled as well, "No Josh you're our guest you don't have to, but thank you for offering - Deli you and me let's go" she said and I nodded quickly. I took Josh's plate and I mouthed "thank you" for his actions and he shook his head, to say don't worry about it.

"Do you use her full name a lot or?" Mom quickly asked and I chuckled to myself. She of course knew that I wasn't used to being called that, but when Josh said it I guess I didn't mind?

"Well, not all the time since she doesn't like it - but I kinda wished she'd use it more... actually" his drifted off by the end and I looked at him with raised brows.

"Wait, really?" I whispered and he laughed with a sense of shyness to him.

"Y-yeah kinda. It's rare and, pretty," he confessed. I just looked at him for a few moments, a weak smile covered the amount of complex feelings inside me. Adeline. He liked Adeline.