𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑. 𝟐𝟗

QOTD: who is ur sunset curve bias and why? can u tell i've become way too obsessed??

y'all can we get 30 votes 🥺

• • •

Adeline's POV

Every son wants to be like their dad, they have rose-coloured glasses for their first hero. My Dad was my first hero too and my problems with him could barely match up to Jordan's. It took him long enough to see it but his Dad was never the hero he longed for him to be. The way Jordan spoke to me and Blaire, was how his Dad talked to every woman. He was that man in the making so no matter what, I was glad he finally saw what he could've become.

"Addie look I, I don't want to be him anymore, and I'm moving on from it all now. It's not an excuse though for why you had to be there, and Blaire. There was no way you deserved any of that and I took advantage of already knowing you liked me and it, it kills me knowing now that you've had to carry the guilt, I should've been this whole time. It was never you I swear, you were perfect and I never saw it. Or I didn't let my conscience see it but after a while of us being over, it's been hurting ever since. I'm just, sorry."

"I'm sorry too, that you've been a dick for ages 'cause of that asshole," I replied, he gave me a faint chuckle and I shrugged my shoulders. I could at least be sorry about that, I could complain about my nosy Mom and Aunt any day, but at least they cared about me enough to be nosy.

"Ugh don't be, I'm glad he's gone I don't even care and - God I fucking hate him." He hissed and I pouted my lips slightly.

"You wanted to be just like him by getting into that god-awful frat. I don't think you're happy he's gone. You can 'fucking hate him' but still miss him, even if he does suck." I assured and he looked up to me with so much hesitant emotion.

"Alright Philly you know me pretty well," he kidded and I crossed my arms whilst grinning. I then felt like we had a small, pure moment in each other's presence but I needed to clear the air in that instant. Sure Josh and me weren't really going to be a thing but, maybe I just needed to function alone instead.

"Jordan I, I'm glad we talked an all but, I don't want to make it awkward again...but I don't think we..."

"Addie...it's okay. I know that we were never meant to be, I know I messed up - all very fair and square - and you and Josh are...so much better in every way" he said with an actual sincere smile. I was slightly taken aback by surprise - again, I was feeling this constantly - but I then turned tense for how he talked about me and Josh.

I thought we were great too, yet he hasn't wanted to acknowledge my existence since our fight.

"It was just insane seeing how we could've been if I wasn't like...me. Like even though I was nosy and figured out you guys were fake dating, everything I saw was real and...and that was where I was starting to see that I was the problem." he admitted and I gave him a slim smile.

"Well I did think I felt that with you, but yeah with Josh...it's not the same, in a good way" I replied whilst reminiscing on any moment we got to hold hands and talk shit.

There was a sincere level of comfort in Josh, and reciprocity I had wanted for so long. But I mentally shook my head out of that memory slideshow.

"Yeah it was just, all the guilt I was supposed to feel the whole time caught up to me and I would think about how warm your Mom was to me at events and you looked miserable. I didn't want to be the reason for that face anymore so I confessed while you were gone. She didn't say much but she wished me a safe ride home anyway" Jordan said and that just made me smile - such a classic Mom thing to do.