Endless Bellum

Wednesday Morning

I woke up with my wrist sore. It had been kept in a handcuff for the entire night. Evan never let it loose and instead the relentless metal was wrapped tightly around my skin. My arm had gone numb from staying in the same position for hours on end, and I looked at the wall in front of me. 

I needed to get out of here.

I needed to stop him.

Strong arms were pressing me against a warm and unwanted chest. I blinked my eyes as I remembered where I was. It was another night of inevitable self loathing, hatred, and anger -- which of course resulted in no sleep. I hadn't had a good night of it since I had been taken by him.

Sleep...? Relaxation? Peace?

Don't know them.

I couldn't stay like this – I needed to get someone to help me. At the very least, I needed someone to protect my mom. It wasn't as though I could just walk up to just any teacher. Evan had the entire school wrapped around his finger. Well, all except for Mr. Peters, who just might be my last hope in surviving this entire thing.

If I played my cards right and just waited for an opportunity to arise. 

But...why?

Why was I here at all?

Why was he doing this to me?

Yesterday at the mall he told me it was because he loved me. 

I knew that this wasn't love. No, this was obsession or... or possession. He was only confusing it with love. I knew that there wasn't going to be an easy way out of this. Not when he kept me at arms length all the time, not when he had my mother as leverage. 

I felt him shift from beside me, as his arms dug tighter into my body. I could feel his arms search for the bottom of my shirt while being wrapped around me. I didn't want the skin to skin contact -- I hated that with just about anyone, but it was even worse knowing that it was him.

I let out a shocked exhale as my free hand tried to remove his grip. The second that my hand tried to pull at his arm, his hand snatched onto my wrist.

It wasn't a gentle grip – it was powerful, stern one. His hand continued to ensnare my grip, twisting it some, which caused a sudden flinch of pain to erupt from within me. 

"E-Evan-!" I yelled, and he pulled me closer to him. The handcuff was causing a strain on my other arm at this point. It was digging harshly into my wrist, causing the ever growing bruise from the merciless metal to pulsate with pain. "Evan, stop!" I cried out. I didn't know how long I would be able to handle the abuse. 

Water began to build up in my eyes. My arm was being bent at an angle that it wasn't meant to. I was almost expecting to hear a sudden pop of my wrist being dislocated, but it didn't happen. "That hurts!"

"I know," Evan's deep, gruff voice came from the other side of me. I stilled at that. He knew that I was getting hurt because of him and he didn't care -- no, I could almost hear a smile in his tone. "I was hurting all those months without you."

This wasn't about revenge as I had once assumed.

No, this was all about keeping me all to himself. It was a claim of ownership over me. This was even worse than revenge. I don't know why...but those thoughts were even scarier than I had ever imagined.

He got up from the bed. I continued laying where I was, not wanting to move anymore. I heard his soft footsteps against the plush carpet, but didn't respond to looking anywhere except the ceiling of the room. He unlocked the cuff with a key that he kept around his wrist.