Infelix Hale Family

"How does that feel?" Evan asked, looking down at me. I couldn't answer back to him since my tongue was pushed down by a cold metallic object. It served as a gag of some sort – not allowing me to talk back to him or speak anymore hate speech...about him, or his family.

Or about killing myself.

The cold metal pushed down on my tongue while the gag was tightened as the locking mechanism went around to the back of my head.

I heard a lock fasten into place, preventing me from being able to remove it with my hands. It felt uncomfortable around my mouth and my tongue was beginning to cramp by being forcibly placed in the same position. 

Instead of answering, I settled on glaring at him.

How does it feel-?

It feels like I'm being forced to be silent!

"Natalie," he uttered in a dark, warning tone. 

I glared even harder, raising up a middle finger in front of him. I wanted to show him just how angry and pissed off I was becoming, not wanting to be gagged in the first place. He firmly took my outstretched wrist with his right hand, reaching for something else behind him. 

He had picked everything that he wanted to torture me with off of the walls -- there had been different types of gags and restraining devices. I thought I could see something that might be placed around someone's head in the very back of the room...

It reminded me of the Middle Ages. They all looked like they could be devices to inflict pain on someone from the renaissance period, and I didn't even want to know how old some of these things were. 

I didn't want to be here.

"I warned you," I watched him, taking a step away, even though I knew it would be useless. The urge to get as far away as I could from the man that was in front of me was overwhelming -- and I acted on it before I could even think it completely through or come up with a good escape plan.

He still had my wrist captive in his hand, causing him to pull me closer to him. My feet skidded across the floor, and even if I placed weight on my heels to try and make things difficult, it didn't matter since Evan overpowered me. 

I watched him intensely, wondering what he was reaching for now. He brought out a pair of leather cuffs, which caused my heart to sink into my stomach – my body being washed over with an immeasurable amount of dread.

I shook my head, not wanting those things wrapped around my wrists -- I didn't want any restraints to be put on me. I hadn't liked the lack of mobility or freedom that accompanied them. My eyes watered at just the thought of having my arms bound together and not being able to fight back. 

He eyed me for a few seconds, fully taking in my obvious despair, before letting out a mocking, slow sigh.

"You're going to have to wear these, Nat," he spoke, as though it were obvious. I shook my head again, this time more adamantly as tears were leaking out of the corner of my eyes. I was desperate to move my tongue and yell, but the weight of the metallic gag in my mouth reaffirmed to me that I couldn't even do that.

In an instant, my arms and legs shot out to hit and kick him, all the while I kept shaking my head. Although the gag prevented any screams, I could still make whimpers and whines. I know that it didn't matter, but at least I was protesting my feelings about the entire thing. 

I don't want them!

I don't want them on me!

"Nat-!" Evan spoke, trying to get a stern grip on my other arm while still holding the leather cuffs in his hand. He dodged a closed fist strike of mine, nearly getting hit in the side in the process and then narrowed his eyes. "I will drug you to get your compliance," he threatened, and I immediately lost all will to fight against him.