Stained Rubrum

I took a step into the room seeing nothing but darkness. I placed my free hand in front of me, hoping that the lights would quickly turn on in front of me. 

There wasn't a single sound.

I peered into the seemingly endless void, narrowing my eyes and attempting to see where Ally might be. There was a feeling of steady dread forming in the pits of my stomach. I took another step into the room, my heart weighing heavy in my chest. 

After a few seconds, the lights quickly blinded me, and I brought my free hand up in front of my eyes to protect myself from the intensity. Scrunching my face up, I let out a small guttural groan before lowering my hand while the other held the knife tighter in anxious anticipation as to what I would find waiting for me in the light...

Somehow -- the darkness shielded me from anything terrible.

When I finally stared straight into the room, I could see a steel table. I turned to look at the figure that was laying on a steel table and could nearly feel my heart drop into my stomach out of the onslaught of dread that had slapped me in the face.

I hadn't missed the red that seemed to form a circle around the table -- the pool of blood that stained the white ground.

"N-No," I whispered, licking my dry, quivering lips.

I didn't want to believe – it wasn't her!

"No!!" I yelled, tears leaking out of my eyes uncontrollably. 

I sprinted over to Ally, nearly tripping over my own two feet in the process. She was laying on the steel table, not even twitching a finger – blood, there was so much blood covering and around her. 

I swallowed quickly, my lips quivering as I looked back at her, nearly choking as I breathed in quickly, inhaling my spit in my disbelief.

"A-Ally-!" I yelled, causing her eyelids to flutter weakly. 

They opened up slowly, and I was staring into her beautiful dark colored eyes. They had looked so...tired

What happened to her-?

"Oh god..." I whispered, not even being able to raise my voice again. Bile began to rise in the back of my throat. She looked over at me, still being able to see as she pinpointed my eyes directly. I was relieved that she still had eyes – after what I had seen in the last 'torture' room, I wasn't too certain.

What happened to her??

I looked at her beaten up face: Her eyes was swollen shut, her bottom lip was split open, and there were several cuts on her skin that barely had the time to scab over.

I let out a small hiccup at seeing her in this state. I went to hold her hand, but froze almost a couple inches away from grasping hers...most of her fingers had been...cut off

I stared wide eyed at the woman that no longer had most of her fingers anymore – that couldn't have been – last time she still had all of her fingers...she still had them-!

No, not Ally-!

There were nubs instead of fingers, which had been sutured shut hastily, making it look more ghastly. A nasty yellow and light green color was now gathering at the site where the sutures currently were. Looking at her hand was causing me to visibly pale, and I became flushed with fear. 

Ally -- Please-!

I couldn't move – I couldn't even move or twitch my still raised hand – I had become frozen where I stood. It seemed like I had become as stiff as a statue, paused in a state of perpetual disbelief of the sight that was in front of me.