Father of Omnis

Waking up in a dizzy haze, I attempted to move my legs from one side to the other...I wasn't surprised to find that my ankles were being pulled back. My legs were chained to the foot of bed as I attempted to bring them up to my chest. 

I wanted nothing more than to curl up into a fetal position and let out a few tears -- wallowing in my own despair for a few minutes didn't seem like a bad idea at the time.

Instead, I settled for letting out a small, disgruntled groan. 

I opened my eyes to see the dark room that I was in. It was the same one that I had woken up in before. My neck was sore, and I could also feel a few layers of bandages around it as I gently brought my hand up to my throat. My fingers lingered around the bandages, slowly coming to terms with what had just happened to me without my consent:

He had chipped me...just like he said he would.

Tears welled up in my eyes at that revelation.

I shifted my body to find that I was wearing one of Evan's long shirts. I was thankful that he had at least given me a shirt to wear...even if it was the same one that I had seen him wearing before I passed out. I didn't want to keep being naked in front of him and let him have that twisted sense of power over me.

Dragging my body to sit up on the large, spacious bed, I was gentle to not move my neck recklessly. Peering into the darkness in front of me, thinking that Evan was lingering somewhere in the dark that I couldn't see, I slowly brought my eyes back down after a few moments. It was clear that he wasn't in the room and had let me have some time alone for the time being.

I let out a small relieved sigh. 

The anxiety attacks that I had become accustomed to in my short time here hadn't appeared yet. I didn't know if whatever the drug that Evan had the doctors inject me with helped with that, or if my mind hadn't fully grasped the horrible, nightmare inducing situation it had just woken up to once more.

There was a knock at the door, but I remained quiet.

I didn't think I had the right to tell the visitor to leave me alone...

The door opened up regardless if I had verbally answered or not. I blinked slowly, gripping the duvet that was now around my waist tightly in my hands. The anticipation of not knowing who was coming on was beginning to build – but it wasn't nearly as insufferable as one of my panic attacks.

"You look just like Katherine..." Spoke a voice that had wandered into the room. 

I furrowed my eyebrows in absolute confusion at that name – at my mother's name coming from someone in the compound. I tightened my grip on the duvet, now wringing it through my fingers...strangling the fabric ruthlessly in my nervous grip.

The lights to the room turned on suddenly, while I grimaced at the sudden invasion of brightness, turning my head away from the stranger that I still hadn't been able to see. It was comparable to when someone would turn the lights on in a dark room without the care of the person that had been used to the darkness...

It strung my eyes – taking some of the pain away from my neck.

"Sorry about that," the man continued to speak, but from the sound of his voice, I didn't find a single trace of any remorse in that fake apology of his. "Evan ordered that this room was to have minimal to no lighting..." The man commented, taking a few steps into the room as he shut the door behind him. 

I heard it slam shut heavily. I knew that the door was strong and reinforced from just the looks of it. The sound of it caused my hearts to skip a few beats since it just reaffirmed that this room served as my own personal prison cell.