Hopeless Vagus

I woke up with a stiff neck and let out a few dry coughs. My throat was sore from screaming and begging Evan not to drug me...even though he did so anyway

He'll do whatever he wants to do to me, regardless of my objections...I wonder if I'm fighting a losing battle with him...?

As if I stood a chance to win to begin with.

I lifted my hand up to my upper arm to find it tender from where the injection had went in. My fingers grazed along the skin, finding it discolored from the lack of light that emitted through the room. Letting out a small cringe at finding it still sensitive, I rubbed it lightly, hoping to massage some of the lingering pain away.

When will this all stop...?

Instinctively I pulled on my legs, wanting to cross my legs as I sat up, but they were pulled down after a certain length was met. I pulled again and again until it fully registered in my groggy mind that I was still chained to the bed. 

Trapped -- I was always trapped to this damn bed...!

Tears welled up in my eyes before I blinked them away, choosing to look around the room for something interesting to find. I could feel a few tears rolling down my cheeks as the grief was getting too big to ignore. I could tell now that I was fully alert that the room hadn't just been barely lit...

It was dimly lit with those terrible red lights.

The desk that was over by my side had a lamp light on, barely lit. 

I raised an eyebrow, crawling over to the edge of the bed as far as I could go. My right leg was pulled against the chains and I glanced at the desk to find miscellaneous office objects that were placed haphazardly across the surface of it. There were some books that lingered in the corner, being propped up with book ends.

Pens and pencils in a holder that was too far away for me to grasp.

"Nothing..." I skimmed my eyes over to a letter opener that was placed over by the left hand side of the desk. It flinted some under the red lights, but not much. I blinked my eyes a few times in disbelief that he would let a weapon like that out in the open...especially in front of his unwilling captive.

If I could get that...

Quickly, I pulled off the duvet that was on top of me to reveal my ankles. There were those tight leather cuffs wrapped around them. The chains that bound me to the bed were locked onto the cuffs – so theoretically...

If I could get that then...

My eyes panned over to the letter opener again, seeing the sharp object continuing to glint under the low red lights. It seemed to be taunting me to grab it and use it the way that it lit up for me. 

Theoretically, if I get the letter opener and cut through the leather cuff, then I should be able to get my freedom.

I need to get that thing -- I have to get that-!

I strained my arms and fingers out, barely touching the letter opener. I swung my hand out in a last ditch effort, causing it to spin around wildly before stopping what looked to be a millimeter closer to me. 

I can't just reach for it. 

It might spin farther away from me if I keep going at it this way.

Slumping my shoulders in mild defeat, I let out an uneasy breath from my mouth. Continuing to look at the desk for anything that I could use to help me get that letter opener. I looked at the wooden chair that I would be able to grab onto based on where I was, trapped on the bed.