Reignited Venenum

Ally POV

I didn't know that I had passed out, but then again it wasn't all that unexpected. I literally got shot in the foot by a sadistic piece of shit. I heard something about going to his personal surgeon or something or another before my world went dark. 

Yeah...

Fuck Evan Hale.

Fuck his entire family.

Opening up my groggy eyes, I locked contact with Brendan who was staring at me. That wasn't the best thing to see when you first wake up – your ex-boyfriend looking at you with a face filled with regret and guilt.

Fuck you, too, Brendon.

I let out a roll of my eyes as best as I could before sitting up in the stiff bed. The white background, the annoying plastic tube in my arm, and the obnoxious beeping of heart monitor – hospital.

The monitor went off signifying that I wasn't keeping my arm straight enough for the IV that was stuck in my arm. "Ugh...!" I sent the machine a glare before I tugged it closer to me using the plastic tubing. Brendon quickly stood up from his seat and took a single step towards the bed. I watched this from the corner of my eyes which only caused me to get angrier and more annoyed by the second.

Now you show that you care?

I would have laughed if my throat hadn't hurt like a son of a bitch.

"You better stay where the fuck you are before I strangle you with this cord," I threatened, which got him to stop.

Looking at the machine, I angrily poked a few buttons in an attempt to turn that thing off before I just decided to pull out the IV from my arm myself. I yanked it harshly, letting out a small hiss as I did so. It had hurt as much as I thought it would. Blood was dripping from the tube and onto the white sheets that were on top of me.

"Great. This is all so fucking great..." My throat hurt from all the screaming that I had been doing who knows how long ago.

The beauty of passing out.

I rolled my eyes again, irritated more than anything that I was in this situation. "What the hell are you still doing here?" I asked Brendon. I remembered I had broken up with him. He didn't owe me anything. Hell, he must have really cared about me if he let his demented, crazed up cousin shoot me. "I broke up with you, remember?" He took a plastic cup from the table by the bedside and held it out to me.

I looked at the cup and then at him before perking an eyebrow up. "I'm not drinking that – what's in it, huh?" I taunted. "Poison? Cyanide?" I paused for a moment and then narrowed my eyes at his accusingly. "The tears of every naive girl you've fucked?"

He stayed silent, looking down at the ground. He lowered the cup back to the counter that he had picked it up on. I watched that he took a few seconds, as though he were struggling with what he wanted to say.

I was struggling too – struggling to not rip his throat out with my teeth.

Then, I noticed that he swallowed nervously. 

"Listen..." I let out a hysterical chuckle. I was ever the cynical person in the room that could see the sick irony in every situation. 

"What else can I do, Brendon?" Once again, I was being a sarcastic asshole. I had that right, though. I was fucking shot through the foot. "Get up and walk away?" I asked, raising my hand and gesturing towards the door that was a good distance away from the bed. I let out a small snort from my nose and shook my head for additional affect.