Fleeting Mortem

I walked aimlessly through the compound, getting lost after the first couple of turns. Everything had looked the same – everything was lifeless and devoid of any color. There were absolutely no landmarks at all, or anything to stick out.

Walking past a steel metal door without a window in the middle of it, I wondered what was inside of there. It might have been another torture room that I had the misfortune of seeing after my brief moment of freedom. Biting my lower lip, nervously, I looked from wall to wall. I had hoped that something would have directed me on the right path, but nothing looked familiar.

Evan should have sent me with a map...

After walking a couple of more feet down the hallway, I was quick to give up. I spotted a steel door to my left and grabbed it – I hoped that this would have led me, miraculously, to the room that Evan told me to go to.

Evan...

I could still feel the lingering fingers of Evan on my body. Scrubbing it vehemently away until my skin was a bolstering red color rested at the top of my list of things to do. There was little that I could do to defy him, especially with the shock collar that would force me to obey him.

At least his touch won't be on my skin after I scrub it rawI don't want it to be there.

It was a faint reminder of all the people that he's hurt with those hands of his. He tortured and killed Ally with those hands. He's going to do so much worse with them that I hadn't wanted them anywhere on my body.

My focus went back to the door that I had latched onto. I was staring into space, gnawing at my bottom lip nervously with my teeth. The urge to peel all the skin on my lips was strong, but I resisted it. I didn't want to think about what Evan would say if he had seen my blatant worry and anxiety.

He would mock me.

After a few harsh tugs, the door opened up slowly to reveal something akin to a medical ward. There were beds in the lit up room, along with different medical equipment. I looked away from the room, scanning the hallway up and down for any signs of people –

Monsters.

My mind was quick to correct myself – they were monsters here.

There were no one coming, at least from what I could see and hear, and so I decided to explore a little bit. There wasn't a harm in exploring since I could just tell Evan that I had gotten lost...it wasn't a lie.

Though, I wasn't too sure if he would believe my words – it seemed like my opinion wasn't worth much to him, or my reasoning. He would most likely dismiss it and shock me for not listening to instructions that were impossible to follow.

I breathed in, taking a step inside of the room before I could mentally talk myself out of it.

If I was going to be here for a while then I might as well get myself acquainted with the place...

Solid reasoning, Natalie --

Become familiar with your surroundings and use it against Evan, somehow.

Shaking my head at my own mental debate, I took a few more steps and looked at all the white hospital beds. There was nothing but a thin sheet that had been pulled underneath the pillows. It looks to be more like a clinic – beds laying in two rows along both of the walls that made up the room.

There must have been at least twelve beds next to each other in each row.

At least the room was empty and I wouldn't be bothered or harassed while I was here. It seemed like there wasn't anyone that needed immediate medical attention at this time...