Chapter 45: "That is not magic, That is Cheat"

*Interlude*

At the same time as countdown 4, Shion is looking at the Signal Anchor magic circle above the town.

(Pillar of Light... light magic attack!?)

Relying on her gut feeling, she quickly uses Overtake on the Signal Anchor magic circle in order to prepare on what's to come.

She changes the formula of Signal Anchor and turn it into other light magic formula.

(Light Reflector... a magic that absorb light from all around it and reflect it into single direction. Hopefully with this- !?)

Before Shion finishes thinking, a large crimson ray comes towards her right from above.

*FLASH!!!*

The large crimson ray is being absorbed by the Light Reflector magic circle above Liasr Town. But the amount of light is so large that the magic circle does not seem to stop absorbing at all.

Panic suddenly ensues among people in Liasr Town. Many of them screams out of surprise and fear. Even Stephanie the Orc Guild Master is speechless looking at the crimson ray.

Shion is concentrating really hard on controlling the Light Reflector. The white magic circle's colour turns into crimson the more it absorbs the crimson ray.

(I can't even Overtake that crimson light... so it's a magic attack that is outside of my knowledge !?)

*FLASH!*

A crimson lightning comes down from Light Reflector magic circle striking one of the houses.

"!?"

Realizing that the Light Reflector magic circle is not enough to contain the crimson ray attack, Shion starts shouting while looking at the magic circle.

"Everyone! Get out of here! Now!"

Guild Master hears Shion's words and starts talking.

"Shion!? Don't tell me, you're-"

Before Guild Master finishes talking, two crimson lightning comes down again and struck Pepprica's house and a tree in the town.

Pepprica's house suddenly explodes and starts burning due to it contain many flammable materials inside.

People becomes even more panic after that.

"Hurry up! PLEASE!!!"

Shion shouts even louder out of desperation.

"Everyone! Go towards the south gate!"

People starts panicking and running away.

The three Guild receptionists  automatically assume their role to control the crowd and help those in need without Guild Master's order.

Miika is also about to go to the South Gate but notice that Shion is staying.

"Shion! Let's get out of here!"

"I need to stay here! You go first!"

Surprised and Confused by Shion' reply, Miika talks again.

"Huh!? There is no way I can leav-"

However, before Miika finishes talking, his small body is grabbed by Stephanie the Orc Guild Master.

Stephanie immediately leaves Shion behind while carrying Miika.

"What are you doing?! Let me go! Shion! SHIOOOOOOON!!!"

Miika shouts that as he is being brought outside of the town.