Chapter 49: It's Not As Simple As Beating The Enemy

*Interlude*

At certain part of Liasr forest, the beastmen around Firth and Nelsia starts getting restless while looking at the Graize's flying battleship floating near a mountain. One of the beastmen starts talking.

"How about we attack the ship now? We can't just stand here doing nothing."

However Nelsia immediately replies.

"Don't underestimate that ship's capabilities. According to the intel, it copies relic's technology. We need at least Midora Jaeger's help to take it down as planned after he defeats Victorious."

"... understood."

The beastman with dog ears sounds dissatisfied but decides to not pursue the matter further.

(Then again, it's not like I don't understand his point. On top of not getting any news from Midora, the one who is supposed to scout the town also hasn't come back. It's understandable that everyone is getting impatient...)

Right after Nelsia thinks that, she looks at the flying ship near a mountain.

(Midora doing whatever he pleases is nothing new but Roe is always punctual with his plan... I can only hope that the Sweet World does not take over his mind...)

A white magic suddenly appears near Firth's right ear. Midora's voice can be heard from it.

"Yo, still alive?"

"Midora..."

Firth's saying Midora's name startles other people. One of the beastmen wants to shout at that magic circle. But Nelsia holds that beastman's shoulder and slowly shakes her head. The beastman with dog ears ends up not saying anything.

"What happened to Graize Els Victorious?"

"Something interesting happened so I haven't made contact with him yet."

Midora replies with casual tone.

"? What's wrong?"

"That Royal Knight made contact with the Bastard Elf."

"!"

Firth shows a surprised but he immediately regains his composure and talks to Midora again.

"Did Victorious realise about her relic?"

"Nah, I doubt that. That elf was the one to approach him first. And in the hand of a Level 0, that relic is nothing more than a durable katana."

"I see..."

Firth replies with a relieved tone while the others are watching him. Then Midora starts talking again.

"Since that elf is here, maybe I should just take that relic now?"

"I shall leave that to you. It's all fine as long as you leave her body intact and kill Victorious as planned."

"Ahh... about that plan. You might want to watch out."

"... huh?"

Firth is surprised by Midora's unexpected response.

.....

....

...

Inside the floating warship named Aegandr, the middle-aged man wearing brown military clothes is sitting while observing the monitors shown inside the ship.

"Still no contact from him?"

Elbehnna Orarorio says that while looking at the monitors.

One of his subordinates replies.