Chapter 15: The Belief of Her Previous Self

I looked at the ceiling in my usual inn's room.

I just woke up from that dream again, that dream about my family's incident.

Few weeks ago, I dreamt about it every day. It is only until 1 week ago that I stopped dreaming about it.

But I guess this dream won't stop haunting me anytime soon.

I get up from bed in order to prepare myself for work.

"Ow!?"

That's my plan but pain runs through my whole body the moment I wanted to get up.

"..."

I tried moving few times but the same pain prevented me from doing so.

"You've gotta be kidding me..."

.....

....

...

I am walking around town like a toddler who just learnt how to walk. The muscle pains are all over my body preventing from walking normally.

I move my body around everyday and I still can get muscle pain. It must be because of yesterday. Maybe I should consider paying for a transport next time.

I am on my way to the guild to take my reward from yesterday's quest. After that, I plan to just go back to the inn to rest. The muscle pain is bad enough that I don't think I can do any quest today.

"Papa! Mama! I want that!"

I heard a girl's voice. I look at my right side and I see a girl with height about the same as mine begging her parents to buy accessories from a wooden stall.

Papa and mama... huh...

After Sylphie left, I tried searching for info about my family. The fact that Graize family, one of prominent Knight families in Brahmastra continent, got attacked should be shocking enough that people make rumours about it.

However, it seems that the news from other continent won't reach here.

Unlike Boorash town near Graize mansion, no one sells newspaper here.

There are two places in this town where I can usually hear the rumours from. The guild and the tavern. This town only has one of them each.

But all news that I heard is usually rumours from this continent or Wilderystal continent. Wilderystal is a special case because it is the only continent in this world that does international trading of their products like mana-powered clock, lamp and other things that improve people's life condition. It is inevitable that people worldwide will know Wilderystal continent to some extent.

Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case with Brahmastra. I never heard a single info about that continent while staying in this town despite people like Sylphie travelling around in this continent.

As I put my utmost effort to walk normally, I see a pair of boy and girl walking on the street. The boy are carrying 2 leather bags of filled with raw ingredients of food. The girl talks to the boy.

"It looks heavy... should I carry one of them?"

"It's fine. Let your big brother handle this."

... their conversation reminds of Millson, Korsch and Victorious.

I wonder what they would think after knowing what happened to the ones who got attacked. No matter how much of a jerk Korsch is, it is unrealistic to think that he won't be shocked by the news.

I'm also worried about Millson. Despite his antics, he really cares his family. I know it after living with him for years. He is the only male in my family who regularly helped me take care of my mother. I can't imagine how anguished he would be once he knows the truth.