Chapter 21: Basics of Magic

The brown-haired old woman wearing black witch hat named Griselda Kisatoa is currently drinking water from the water bag that I just gave her.

"Phew... thank you Shion.. I thought I was done for~"

She says that as she hands over the water bag. Miika takes the water bottle and puts it into the bag.

I met her before when I was still adjusting myself in the Liasr Town. She greeted me when I am checking the magic shop for the first. We had lots of talk about magic so we are more or less acquaintance to each other.

"I don't mind. More importantly, what happened? For you to be fainted here..."

"Well, you see... I was doing a quest from the guild."

She arranges her black witch hat so that it doesn't fall when she says that.

"Doing quest... alone? What kind of quest?"

I reply that way because she should at least get accompanied by other adventurers considering how dangerous this area is.

"I was invenstigating the mysterious monster in Darlia Lake. It is probably a new monster which has not be named yet."

Darlia Lake.... which means that it is the mysterious monster that the guild asked me to kill.

"!? Don't tell me that monster attacked you-"

"Well... by the time I finished investigating, I realized that I run out of provision so I fainted out of starvation. Ahahaha..."

"..."

The elderly woman probably laugh to lighten the situation. But it's hard to laugh when her life was indeed in danger.

"So you're doing this quest alone?"

"Yeah."

"Why don't you ask help from some adventurers to guard you?"

"Well, I thought about that... but you see... I did ask them once and all they did is to hinder my work..."

Were other adventurers in Liasr Guild that bad? Now I'm worried...

"Then.. next time you need bodyguards, you can ask for my help."

"Eh? But asking protection from a kid is a bit..."

I don't want to hear that from an elderly woman who almost die out of starvation... but I won't say that out loud.

"I can assure you that I have some fighting experience. But for now, we will escort you back to town. Miika."

I call Miika who is looking at the surrounding to be wary of incoming monsters or dangerous animals.

Miika looks at me and I tell him what to do.

"I'll watch over the surrounding so help her walk."

Miika nods and walk over to Griselda while I'm still talking.

"We're going straight to Liasr Town."

Griselda looks confused when Miika is helping her to stand.

When Griselda manages to stand due to Miika's help, Griselda asks a question.

"You're... Panthos' slave right? What are you doing here?"

"Um-"

"Former slave. He's not a slave anymore."

I reply before Miika had the chance. People will still think him as a slave if I don't state it clearly. I don't think he can do that so I shall do it in his stead.