Chapter 40.5: Prelude to Chaos (1)

*Interlude*

At noon, in a village somewhere in Elverwad continent, lots of people with ox horns on their head are walking on the road. That people's race is called ox-type beastman.

A blue carriage that is carried by two white horses arrived near an inn.

A knight wearing purple coloured armor and helmet gets out from the carriage. That knight's name is Ekirschteria Pentagon, one of Brahmastra Kingdom's Royal Knights.

As the purple knight offer the right hand, a blue-haired human priest with green dress comes out from the carriage and takes the purple knight's hand with her left hand. The priest's name is Sylphie Mariage, a travelling priest that spreads the teachings of Astraea religion.

The purple knight escorts the priest out of the carriage. Sylphie slowly let go of the purple knight's hand after she gets out from the carriage.

Both of them goes inside an inn while a short orange-haired burly man with ox horns on his head is observing them from behind another wooden house.

.....

....

...

In a place that is around ten kilometres away from that village, there is a big city where most of its residents are dwarf people.

Unlike the previous village, the city is way larger and most of its buildings are made of bricks.

At the back alley, there is a woman with short brown hair and cat ears. She is holding a Tele-stone with her right hand near her human right ear hidden in her hair. That woman is Nelsia Klanjour, the former maid of Graize household.

"Keep observing them for now and tell me if there is any change. Good work."

She puts the Tele-stone into the pocket on her leather pants. Then she quickly adjusts her hair to hide her human ear and adjust the position of her cat ears that is on top of her head.

After her preparation is done, she goes out from the back alley to a bar on the main road.

Upon entering the bar, she suddenly hears a man shouting.

"Why the hell a filthy goblin is eating here huh?!"

A drunken male dwarf with large beard is shouting at a one-eyed male goblin who is eating noodle-like dish with fork. That one-eyed goblin is wearing black hood but does not put on the hood while eating.

On the same table as the one-eyed goblin, there is a female with red-white dress wearing a white human face paper mask. That masked female has a short white hair.

 That masked female has a short white hair

*reference to the paper mask*

Despite the drunken dwarf shouting at him, the one-eyed goblin just eat his noodle-like dish without batting an eye.