Chapter 20: First Hunt Together

*Interlude*

*tap! tap! tap!*

A one-armed young boy can be seen running through the forest.

That boy is Miika who is holding a dagger on his right hand. He is wearing blue shirt, black long pants and an armor set similar to Shion's set (silver small breastplate, 1 silver arm guard, and 2 silver leg guards).

He stops running when he reaches an area with lesser number of trees surrounding it. Then he turn around as if he expects something to come towards him.

The "something" that he is expecting stretches out its orange furry hand. It grabs a vine and let the vine carry its orange furry body until it can jump out to another vine.

Meanwhile, Miika is focusing his gaze to the forest while remembering Shion's advice.

(Look properly... Search properly...)

After few seconds, he can finally see the monster that is chasing him. An orange monkey monster with long tail and brown face.

(Study properly...)

He remembers its attack pattern from his previous encounters when he was working with Panthos. Miika used to act as a bait to attract multiple monsters and the experience is currently helping him in figuring out its attack pattern.

*screech!*

The monkey monster lets out its screech and placing its left hand downwards revealing it's sharp claws.

It uses the momentum of the vine to go towards Miika who is on the ground.

(Think properly!)

After knowing the method of incoming attack, he immediately construct a plan to counter attack. Or rather, he already constructed the plan before this encounter. So all he needs to do is just to remember the counterattack plan within 1 second.

The claw is coming to take Miika's life. In response to that, Miika steps to the right and place his right hand, which is holding a dagger, near the his left waist.

*splitch!*

Miika evades and slashes the orange monkey's waist at the same time.

*screech!*

The monkey screeches out of pain and falls to the ground due to the pain from Miika's dagger.

Miika almost loses balance due to the unexpected heavy pressure of the monkey's body. The dagger is not sharp enough to cut the monkey's waist cleanly so it's stuck there.

Miika regains his balance quickly and realize that the dagger is no longer on his hand. He notices where the stuck dagger is and run towards the orange monket whose height is actually similar to him.

The orange monkey monster looks really angry at Miika and then open its mouth. A black magic circle is suddenly formed in front of the monkey's opened mouth.