Chapter 6: Arrival of a Hero

"KAINA! NELSIA!!"

I arrive at the maids' quarters and look around. The maids are surprised. Looks like they are in the middle of their last duties before their sleeping time.

"Shion-sama!?"

Some of them are confused while the other looks happy that I finally get out of the room. Kaina and Nelsia then appear from the crowd of the maids.

"W- what's wrong Shion-sama? It's good that you finally come out though..."

Nelsia is the only one who approaches me casually.

"Do you need meal? In that case-"

Before Kaina finishes her sentence, I cut her off with my statement.

"Never mind that! We need to get out of here now!"

All maids are once again surprised with my outburst.

Kaina suddenly looks more serious than usual.

"What happened, Shion-sama?"

"The guards outside! They suddenly attacked me after saying that they will take over this house!"

"!?"

The maids look dumbfounded. Most of them must not really believe my words considering that I'm still a child.

But Kaina and Nelsia are different. Ever since I was born, Kaina and Nelsia are the ones who watch over me the most. They know well that I know what I am talking about. Only Kaina responds to my statements.

"The guards outside... it can't be... they were new recruits recommended by-"

*flash!*

Before Kaina finishes her sentence, I hear an unknown sound coming from the direction of where the beastmen are.

I turn my back towards the door and see a light from afar.

Or rather... a magic circle. However, it's so far that I cannot really guess what kind of magic it is.

Magic circle is usually used to ease the process in activating magic. The basic method for beginners to activate magic is to write formula with their mana and let the formula concludes itself in the air to activate the intended magic.

The weakness of magic circle is that other people may recognize the spell before it is activated. However....

It is common sense that some complicated magic strictly require the help of magic circle for activation. And this case apply to the magic circle that I see. I'm not 100% sure due to how far it is for me to see... but I saw that formula of a magic circle somewhere in the library as the type of magic that only few people in this world can use...

"Teleportation...."

Kaina said that before everyone says anything. Kaina is the most skillful magic users among the maids and it seems like our assumptions fall into the same conclusion.

Just by knowing how to write the magic formula does not guarantee you to activate all kinds of magic. There are many other requirements for the magic to be activated. For example, some magic needs the user to have the required amount of mana inside their astral body to activate.

Teleportation is the magic which the requirements are completely unknown together with the existence of people who can use it. Only the magic circle formula was passed down as a magic that was once used by the Archmage of Kingdom, the person who was once regarded as the strongest magic user thousand years ago.

But it appears. The magic which should have been only seen in textbooks and stories.

Someone appears from that magic circle. From what I see, that person looks like a blue-haired man wearing metal headband and a brown chainmail outfit set. In addition to his broadsword at his back, his equipment resembles of an adventurer, guild-registered fighters that take on quests for rewards.