Chapter 42: Weapon Upgrade

No matter how much knowledge you accumulate from a book, there are still things that you won't know unless you experience it yourself. For example...

*crunch!*

I look at Griselda, the rabbit-type beastman, who is munching a raw carrot while having lunch.

The sight of her eating it like a snack... I never really pay much attention to it before, but it looks amazing in a way. She is also eating while still wearing her black witch hat. If not for her ears, I would wonder why she won't take off her hat since it gets in the way of her eating.

Currently, I am having lunch on the same table as Griselda, Antarea, Ean and Miika. My lunch is the cheapest lunch set of salad and ham but I also order coffee this time.

We talk about casual topic such as Ean, Griselda and Antarea praising about my ribbon that Miika chose before. And then we shifts to our current topic.

"So what did you do today? I don't see other goblin kids with you today."

Antarea the dark elf blacksmith says that while looking at Ean eating chicken meat.

Ean hears her question so she swallow her food first before replying.

"Today I'm doing Synthesis quests from the guild."

Synthesis quest is a request of people asking for things that can only be made by alchemy.

"Hm? You become an adventurer already?"

I ask that because I remember that the exam to become adventurer is not that easy.

"No, officially I am the one who take the quest since I still have my guild card. I accompanied her today so that the client won't be worried too much about Ean."

Griselda says that right after finish munching her raw carrot.

Well... I still believe that decision is better than letting Ean do the quest alone because the people here are still wary of the goblins.

"What kind of Synthesis quest?"

I ask that while looking at Ean. As someone who used to do lots of Synthesis quests, I can't help but to get a bit curious about it.

"They asked for potions and then they tested it themselves before getting all the potions. Thank goodness it worked..."

After saying that, Ean bites another chicken meat.

I guess the Guild Master really spread the words about the potions used during raid battle. I missed hearing it myself because of my fever.

"At this rate, I think we can soon try doing other Synthesis Quests and Gathering Quests with other goblin kids just like what the Guild Master intended."

Griselda says that after taking a sip on her cup of tea.

"Shion used to do lots of Synthesis and Gathering Quests alone but it's not really enough to cater to all requests. Most adventurers still prefer fighting monsters since it is more profitable."

Antarea says that while taking a purple lime-like fruit besides her cup of coffee.

That purple lime-like fruit is garus fruit, people use it's sweet extract for sugar substitute. The fruit is also used a lot in Brahmastra Continent.

Antarea puts the sweet extract into her coffee.

Oh yeah, I haven't drink my coffee yet.

As I think that, I take my cup of coffee and drink it while Antarea is still putting the sweet extract into her coffee.