Chapter 27: Relatable Feelings

We convince the goblins by talking to Ean and they will move to Pepprica's place soon.

As they start helping Pepprica, people come to look at them and the goblins start to have a favourable opinion in Liasr Town.

Then the fight with Fiend Kraken happens. But with the power of the adventurers, we manage to defeat it without any single causality.

People start cheering for joy. Some of them even thank the goblin kids for helping them in preparing the potions.

Guild Master then announces that the goblins will become part of the town. No one object to that.

Ean and other goblin kids then cry for joy after finally being accepted by people in Liasr Town.

... How I wish things would go that smoothly.

"Sigh..."

I sigh as I walk after leaving Liasr Town together with Miika who is bringing the bag containing our belongings.

"What's wrong?"

Miika says that while looking at my face with confused expression.

"Nothing much. I think I'm too tired that I starts hallucinating on how my life will get so easy in the future."

I usually drink vitamin drinks whenever I feel tired back in my previous world.

I tried searching for similar thing in Liasr Town and found a similar drink called Dash Extract in Pepprica's store. It's a reinforced-glass bottle filled with brown liquid. However, Pepprica forbade me from buying it because it is not for kids.

... but I feel like I really need it especially in time like this where I can't really see anything that will go easy for me.

"It would be helpful if Ean and others can accept Guild Master's offer though..."

Miika looks even more confused after hearing my statement.

"? Guild Master's offer is to help them get accepted in the town. Wouldn't they happily accept it?"

"... yeah, I hope."

I reply Miika's question with unsure tone.

Guild Master's quest is basically asking outsider like me to meddle with problem involving persecution towards the Goblin race.

I look at the forest besides the road I'm currently walking.

... maybe because I am an outsider that he can rest assured that I don't view them with the same biased view from locals living in Liasr Town.

But I think that the Guild Master's plan is a bit of a stretch.

He said that he shall use the fact that the goblins helping the adventurers to convince the locals to accept them... I don't think it will be that easy.

... maybe it's because I failed to save my mother, my view of life stops being as optimistic as how I used to be.

I'll decide on the next course of action after hearing the goblins's responses.

Miika and I continue walking towards the goblin village while being careful about our surroundings.

.....

....

...

"Guild Master said that...?"

Ean look towards the other goblin kids with worried look.

Yup. Called it. It's not going to be easy at all.

Miika and I are currently at the front of the Goblins' village. It seems that they already starts fixing some of their tents. They even put wooden fences... which are quite sloppily made. But it's probably the best they can do for now.