Chapter 12: Life as an Adventurer

It has been almost one month since I arrived in this town.

During that duration of time, I spent most of my time trying to fit myself into this new society of demi-humans.

My adventurer's life is basically accepting material gathering quests and synthesis quests from the guild.

Material gathering quests is just what it sounds like. I need to go outside the town and gather material listed in the request (for example: Potin herbs) and hand it over to either the Guild receptionist lady or the person who make the request to the guild.

Sadly, it's not as easy as what I first thought it is. Being outside of the town means that there are chances of me getting attacked by monsters or harmful animals.

Forget about monsters, I already have enough trouble in handling wild wolves that I encounter sometimes when I try to pick up herbs for my quest.

I do have an experience in fighting monsters like one-horned rabbit and Gestalt Hydra back in Brahmastra. But the rabbit monster is not as intimidating as normal wolf. In Gestalt Hydra's case, I used my ability take full advantage of the situation and I was really lucky that everything went as planned.

... come to think of it, I was really careless back then. I need to reflect on that.

Back to the topic, it's not easy to fight wolf which is the most frequent animal that can be seen near the area of Liasr town.

With that said, I have no intention of continue being scared by those animals. Thus, I need to prepare many things to fight monsters in the future.

Synthesis quest is a request of people asking for things that can only be made by alchemy. Alchemy is considered a privilege knowledge in this world. Commoners don't usually have access to this knowledge unless someone teach them.

Learning alchemy alone even with the help of books from noble house like mine proved to be really difficult. It took me more than 2 years in my childhood to understand the basic principle of alchemy itself. Even after knowing the basic principle of magic and physics, it also requires geometry and arithmetic too. On top of struggling to learn about the geography of this world, I still need to combine all four principles to understand the full process of alchemy.

In summary, most people cannot use alchemy so they make a request in a guild for those who are able to use it.

I usually take requests of making potions and antidotes. While they are easy to make, people will still need to get the material outside of the town so they make these requests to the guild. I make more profit from taking these quests compared to material gathering quests.

Fortunately, the quests in the guild enable me to have enough income to stay at inn every day.

Therefore, my current schedule as an adventurer is like this:

- Monday to Friday: Taking quests

- Saturday to Sunday: Rest or go to library.

Of course that is not all the activities that I do everyday. Some activities are not mentioned in the schedule because I don't do it based on the time but rather on the circumstances.

For example, I am currently in a certain blacksmith shop right now because I just got my custom-made adventurer's armor set that I ordered 4 days ago.

I look at myself in front of a mirror wearing a brown long sleeve shirt covered with silver small breastplate and 2 silver arm guards. I also wear black long pants and 2 silver leg guards.

"Hmm... not bad I guess..."

"I made the armor as light as possible without affecting much of their durability as per your request."