Chapter 34: That is The Extent of Your Resolve

*Interlude*

*flashback of the incident which happened at the next day after Shion killed the Sword Wolf*

Ean finds a hooded man looking at the adult goblin's grave which is not too far from the goblin kids' village.

"What happened here?"

The hooded man turns behind towards Ean who is standing not too far from him.

"Eh? Um..."

Ean is hesitant to talk to the stranger... However, the hooded short man suddenly opens up his hood revealing his face in front of her.

"!?"

Ean is surprised to look at the adult male goblin's face with a scar on his right eye.

"Cannot trust one of your own?"

"... Um... actually..."

After Ean replies to him, she finally decides to tell him about what happened to her parents and other adult goblins in the village.

"Is there anyone leading the village now?"

After hearing the one-eyed goblin's question, Ean immediately replies.

"T- that would be me."

"... I guess this is the end of for your village."

"W- what do you mean by that!?"

Ean is surprised by one-eyed goblin's statement.

But one-eyed goblin still talks as if Ean's reaction does not matter to him.

"It means that you guys won't be able to survive for so long."

"T- that not true! Everyone is working hard! We will surely...!"

Ean shouts not only at one-eyed goblin but also at herself. She is trying her best to deny the fear that is inside her rational mind.

But the one-eyed goblin just replies coldly to her shout.

"So... you are telling me that you can protect them? If a monster shows up and threaten your friends..."

"!?"

The one-eyed goblin's statement reminds her when Shion killed the Sword Wolf.

She is sure that she won't be able to do anything against the Sword Wolf unlike Shion.

"... even so... !?"

Before Ean manages to reply, she is interrupted by one-eyed goblin taking out the Sweet World syringe.

"If you still want to protect them... then show me your resolve. By using this..."

Ean looks at the syringe as some kind of object she has never seen before. She then talks again.

"What... is that...?"

"Power..."

The one-eyed goblin says that while Ean is looking at the syringe filled with pink liquid. Then the one-eyed goblin starts talking again.

"Use this, and you will be way stronger than before. However, that is only if this power accepts you."

Upon hearing the one-eyed goblin's statement, Ean looks at the one-eyed goblin's face before asking a question.

"If it doesn't...?"

"You'll die."

*Back to the present when Ean is chasing Miika in the forest*

Both of them are used to running in the forest that they can fluently avoid any trees while running.

However, Ean is closing distance with Miika's back. Unlike Ean who can run without much hindrance, Miika is unconsciously lower his speed to cover his lack in balance due to him only having one arm.