Chapter 40: Fever

"What happened after I passed out?"

Due to my fever, It's kinda hard to speak normally so my voice sounds weaker than usual. But I still finish saying it while still lying on the bed.

"Um... Antarea found us. Then she helped me bring you back to the inn. While she was helping you change your clothes, I asked for some boiled water downstairs. And then uh... after finished changing your clothes, Antarea asked me to watch over you before she left."

I am wearing a short sleeve white shirt and blue short pants, my usual attire for sleeping.

I look at the night sky from the window. Then I look at the prepared metallic kettle and two wooden glasses on the table not too far from my bed before looking again at Miika.

"... I see. Sorry for worrying you."

"That's not something for you to feel sorry for..."

Miika replies my statement by saying that. He looks really guilty despite not really doing anything wrong.

"Ah..."

He says that as if he notices something while looking at me. Then he goes to my bag on the wooden floor and take out a small towel from it.

Then he brings the towel closer to me.

"Thank you."

Knowing his intention to give me the towel, I say that and take the towel from his right hand.

"Ah..."

However, he looks surprised the moment I take the towel.

"? Oh, this towel is not for me?"

I say that while preventing myself to use the towel. I was sure that he meant to give the towel to me so that I can use it.

"Eh. I- it was for you of course. Feel free to use it!"

He looks flustered while saying that. But since he's okay with me using it, I'll take up his offer.

I wipe my sweaty face and neck with it.

"... !"

Suddenly my chest feels tightened. I end up letting the towel fall to the blanket.

This feeling... is something bad.

"Shion?"

Miika says that while looking at me with confused expression.

I hurrily open the blanket and carefully get up from the bed.

"Where are you going?"

"Toilet."

I reply to Miika as I try to stand up despite the lack of strength in my body.

The moment my feet touch the floor, the force of gravity almost makes me fall due to my lack of strength. I let my body sit on the bed again to prevent myself from falling to the floor.

Noticing Miika's worried look towards me, I immediately stand up again to show him that I'm fine.

Then I carefully walk towards the door.

"Shion, I'll help you walk."

Miika says that as he opens the door in front of me.

"... Thanks. But I'm fine."

I was a bit surprised when he suddenly open the door for me, but I at least thank him for opening that.

"But-..."

"Instead, may I ask you to take a bucket of water? I want to bring them to the toilet."

"... I understand. But since the toilet is in the first floor, I'll take it after you arrived downstairs."