Chapter 26: Intertwining Perspectives

Guild Master and Rimikia stand dumbfounded after I said no to Guild Master's question.

I enjoy my tea for a bit before I put it back and continue talking.

"Please don't misunderstand. It doesn't mean that I won't support your plan."

*slurp*

Miika finally drinks his tea when I am still talking.

"I also think that it will be helpful if you can help the goblins. It's just that I am not that idealistic of a person to share the same view as yours."

Whether it will be wonderful to have different races living together...

I am just not that kind of person who can naturally wish for strangers to be happy. Especially when I am in a situation where I can only care for myself and people around me. It's unfortunate but I cannot bring myself to like his idealistic way of thinking.

On top of that...

"It was Graize Knights led by Graize Els Victorious who raided the beastmen's village 6 years ago."

That flashback comes across my mind.

Midora's statement starts looming in my mind again.

... I am not exactly a person who can promote peaceful relationship between different races either.

I just... can't...

I continue talking to the Guild Master to get to the main point.

"Anyway, we just have to convince the goblins to help Pepprica-sa-, I meant, Pepprica right?"

"Y- yes..."

Guild Master answers while looking at me with worry look.

"I can try but..."

I look at Miika who is drinking his tea slowly.

"What will you do, Miika?"

"Mmm?"

Miika slowly turns his head towards me while still drinking his tea and looks at me with questioning expression.

"I'm going to convince Ean and others. What about you? Will you accept Guild Master's request or not?"

I know that he will most likely follow me. But in order for him to be recognised as someone who is no longer a slave, I need him to make his own decisions from time to time.

"! Y- yes!"

Miika carefully put the cup to the small plate before continuing his answer.

"I don't know how much I can help, but I'll do my best!"

Then I look at Guild Master and talk to him again.

"There you have it. I cannot guarantee the success but we'll give it a try."

"! Thank you... I really appreciate your help."

Guild Master looked worried at first but he looks relieved now that we accept his request.

If I remember correctly, there were three things that the Guild Master wanted to talk about.

I ask Guild Master for confirmation.

"Now that it has been decided, I assume that there are more things to talk about?"

"Yeah, the last thing I want to talk about is... Miika."

Miika looks at Guild Master after hearing his name mentioned.

"Do you still not remember anything from your memory?"