Chapter 7: Hope of Her Precious Ones

"Nel... sia..."

Nelsia then pulls her slash claw out of Kaina's back and let Kaina fall to the floor. Her glasses also gets thrown to the floor from the impact.

It's not only me. The other maids who are supposed to attack Midora also stand still with their shocked eyes fixated on Nelsia.

As the blood drips from Nelsia's slash claw weapon, Kaina talks to Nelsia while still lying on the floor.

"Nelsia... you..."

"I suggest you to not move for awhile. Otherwise, the poison will spread faster."

Nelsia replies with an uncharacteristically cold voice.

Poison...? Suddenly a flashback comes to my mind.

"That's why I told that woman to use that poison magic."

That was what that beastman said indicating that he ordered a woman to poison my mother... Don't tell me...

If I think about it, poisoning my mother would not be an easy task. Kaina and other maids always make sure to taste-test the food before bringing it to my mother. One of the maids that also works as a chef have poison detection magic so it is most likely impossible to put the poison inside the kitchen... unless that chef maid is the culprit... or...

I suddenly remember that time when I went to my mother's room together with Nelsia who brought breakfast for my mother.

"Nelsia... don't tell me... you're the one who..."

I cannot finish saying that question.

Because if I know the answer, something inside me would crumble into dust.

Though at this point, it already start crumbling so what I just did is pointless. I can't help but to think that is the case.

Rather than "How", my mind is more preoccupied on the question "Why".

While the maids are still stunned, Midora uses this chance to get behind one of them.

"!?"

The maids try to aim their magic at him but Midora uses the maid in front of him as a shield. That action stops the maids' movement for a second.

In the split of the second, Midora grabs and throws the maid forward. The thrown maid hit other maids breaking the maids' formation.

Realizing how bad the situation is, I try to rush towards the maid. However, Nelsia points her left side slash claw weapon at my neck stopping my movement out of shock.

"NELSIA!!"

I raise my voice with anger even though the danger of death is in front of me. My mind is already in so much of a mess that I can't think straight anymore.

"... Rather than your own safety, you are more worried about others' safety. That's so like you, Shion-sama."

"THIS IS AN ORDER. GET OUT OF MY WAY, NELSIA!"

"I am afraid I can't let you do that. Besides..."

*ZRAAAAAATT!!!!*

I see the splaterring red.

"There is nothing more you can do."

After hearing Kaina's cold words, my five senses ceased to function except my eyes.

My world turns into a scene of carnage.

Midora continues to slash every single one of the maids in front of my eyes.