Chapter 14.5: Nameless Boy with Amnesia

*Interlude*

It has been rainy day all day. The first thing he sees is a cage. After looking at his surroundings, he figures out that he is in a cage inside a carriage.

After assessing his situation, he understands few things:

1. He cannot remember who he is and what happened to him before.

2. He still retains enough common knowledge to know that he is currently a slave on sale. He understands that the moment he sees other people inside the same cage that has tattooes of collar on their neck.

3. He does not have his left arm anymore. But it does not feel uncomfortable in any way. It's as if his body and mind are already used to the sensation of not having the left arm.

He looks at few slaves on sale just like him.

There are goblin slaves. All of them are either shorter or as tall as him. As for whether they are adults or kids, he does not have enough knowledge to differentiate that due to their similarity in height. Same can be said for their facial structures and other physical traits that they have, they are just too similar in his eyes.

There were also elf and dark elf slaves. All of them are adult men. Their traits are easier to analysed in his eyes.

Then beastmen slaves can also be seen. Some of them are male kids and adults.

He finally realises that he is the only human slave in this cage.

Upon his realization, the carriage arrives in a town that he is not aware of.

He tries to read the name of the town from the sign, but he realizes that he cannot read.

He sees many races walking inside that town which is a rare case because towns or villages in this continent should be based on a single race's authority. He does not understand the concept of interracial town yet.

As the carriage sets up a big tent inside the town, he tries hard to remember the reason that caused him to become a slave.

There are usually two ways for a person to lose their human rights:

1. They are a bandit or criminal who was heavily punished by authority to become a slave. A magic slave collar is also a countermeasure to stop them from doing anything outside their master's orders.

For slaves on sale, the ownership falls to their sellers. It will be given to the master who buy the slave once the purchase has been made.

2. They are beings with weak astral bodies. The status in society depends on how well you can use magic. Astral Body is the pool of mana that people or monsters have in their body so thar they can use magic. The weaker the Astral Body, the lesser the capability of a person being able to use magic.

To differentiate how weak or powerful as astral body is, people use the concept of "Level".

There are seven levels of Astral Body, Level 0, Level 1, Level 2, Level 3, Level 4, Level 5 and Level 6

The average level of people from different races depends on the race but they are usually between Level 2 or Level 3.

For example, Human, Beastman and Goblin's average level would be Level 2. While the average level of Elf and Dark Elf would be level 3.

Level 4 and 5 means that the person's capability of magic is above average which enough to call them talented.

Level 6 is a legendary level that only few people in this world have. They can use all kinds of magic and have almost unlimited amount of mana at their disposal.