Chapter 14: The Fear of the Frail

*drip*

I can feel a drip of blood on my cheek.

In front my face, I see the face of a fierce wolf. My short sword which is already enchanted by Light Sabre magic is stabbing through that wolf's throat. I was lucky that the monster impaled itself when I turned around my body upwards.

The wolf's body is pinning me down but its fangs cannot reach me because my weapon digs deeper into the its throat.

"Haaah haaah...!"

I can feel my heart pulse rising.

The monster is still living. The moment I let my guard down, it will use that opening to sink its fangs into my face and eat me.

Then I will die again. Die helplessly just like in my previous world.

Then my vision changes. The world become pitch black except that there is a person floating above while looking me.

That person... is my father from previous world. I can't really see his eyes since it's covered by his hair.

The same father who became a robber and killed me.

As he slowly raise his hand, I can see a gun is pointed at me.

I felt the same despair at the time after I got shot. In front of a power that can kill me on the spot, this weak me cannot do anything against it.

I don't want to die... not like this...

Then I see him about to pull the trigger which finally pushes me to my emotion's breaking point.

"*gasp* NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!"

With every ounce of my strength, I raise my short sword upwards which cut through the wolf's throat in the process.

Ignoring the wolf's blood that is splattering to my face, I move my hands solely out of fear.

*ZRAAAAAASH!!*

While screaming, I manage to cut through the wolf's throat together with it's head.

The wolf died and fell at my right side.

"Haaaa.... haaaa..."

My body almost lost all its strength. I tried to get up my body but all I can do is move my body a bit without being able to get up. The moment I let my guard down, I will definitely lose consciousness out of tiredness and relief.

"Shion!!"

I can see someone coming at me. It's most likely Ean. I am not sure because I can't see her clearly from my blurry vision.

.....

....

...

"For the mighty adventurer who saved our lives, Shion, CHEERS!!"

"CHEEEEEERS!!"

The goblin kids gather around a big boiling hotpot at night and raise their wooden cup filled with sugar water (literally just a mix of white sugar and plain water).

Apparently sugar water is goblin's privilege drinks for special occasions.

And here I am sitting on the ground looking at the goblin kids partying.

After I killed the wolf, Ean and his younger brother brought me back to their village. I recovered some of my stamina on the way there so I walked by myself few minutes before I reached the village.

The other kids from the village were surprised about the fact that someone like me can kill the Sword Wolf, but they believed it since Ean was the one who explained what happened.