Epilogue

"I think we deserve a soft epilogue, my love. We are good people and we've suffered enough."
-seventy years of sleep. Nikka Ursula.

Nao

Only me playing Chopin op 9 on the piano... it has been a while since it was only me. No death, no demons, no pain...

Just me embraced by the sounds of a musical masterpiece, a masterpiece that I couldn't execute quite well, but I will have time to perfect it.

I left everything to Kanji and now I have managed to find refuge on a small town in southern France. I still have my vintage bike and some of my savings, others I donated to charity.

As my hands move through the piano I realize I am free, free from the burdens, free from the guilt, free from the pain. I don't identify myself with fear and authority anymore. The only authority that matters now is the one I have on myself and I won't let anyone have it on me ever again.

The nightmares and all the insanity was gone as well, it had been a while actually and to be honest I don't think I have ever felt peace like this.

I was free at last, and I was never going to give it up. Freedom was the only thing worth fighting for, not loosing myself and not hurting it was the only thing that truly mattered.

THE END

A/N - At the and of the day my dearest you are only with yourself. When you make decisions you are with yourself, when you think, when you feel that's all you. So fight for yourself, don't let anyone take over it, not ideas, not oppression, not duties, not even people.
If you have lost yourself escape and find it again. I promise you.. you will find it.
Lot's of love Evi 🖤