Sinners judging other sinners

I open my eyes, the place didn't seem familiar. And then I remembered last night.
I turn to see Hiroto sleeping peacefully, his long hair falling on the bed, he looked surreal.

This was a mistake, a great mistake and I had to leave. So I get up from the bed and get dressed.

As soon as I was about to leave, I feel him grab my arm: "You were going to go without saying goodbye?" He asks smiling.

"I don't like goodbyes."-I say and smile at him for the first time ever.

He looks at me for a few seconds: "So that means you're not coming back?"

"That cannot happen when we work together."-I say and laugh. I knew that he didn't mean that, but I couldn't be there any longer. I grab my coat and leave.

...

I get inside the house, my maid waiting at the door: "Ma'am, there is someone here to see you."-she says looking nervous.

"Who is it?"-I ask heading for the stairs.

"A detective Ma'am, I think his name was Michael. He just got here."

Michael? What would a detective want to be doing here? They usually let us free in our activities.

"Aiko get the detective in the library room and tell him that I am having a shower, but I will be with him shortly."-I say and go up the stairs to take a shower and change my clothes.

It was odd, having a detective over. I didn't know what to think. What could he possibly want from me anyway? Whatever he wanted I was pretty sure he wasn't gonna find it.

I finish my shower, get dressed comfortably and go downstairs to meet with this detective.

As soon as I walk inside the library room, he turns around to see me. He was tall, with blue eyes and dirty blonde hair and he was wearing a long camel coat.

"Hello detective. I hope you haven't been waiting for too long, how can I help you?"-I say as I sit down inviting him to sit down as well.

"It's alright Miss Nao, I am here because Chang, a man that works for you was found murdered two days ago."-he says looking right at me.-"Did you know if he had any conflicts with people?"

I cross my legs and keep my eyes at him: "I didn't know him well, I just know that he worked for us, I am finding out about this right now and honestly I have no idea."

He moves his fingertips to his temple and breathes heavily: "You now own his club right?"-he asks as if he was trying to back me up.

"Which club would this be?"-I ask him. I was trying very hard not to laugh at his frustration. If he was even thinking of catching me off guard he was very wrong.

"The one in Ginza. That club belongs to you now right?"-he says not giving up in his constant attempts to get to me.

"Yes it does, you know I give out loans to people and we make legal contracts. In case people fail in fulfilling their obligations I execute the contract by collecting the debt of course. You know how these things work detective, if you don't I can suggest you some of my lawyers."-I say smirking. He was getting more and more frustrated, I think he wasn't even trying to hide it anymore.

"You know..."-he says and stops for a moment-"we know who you are, yet we leave you be because with all the people you take there is no chance for other criminal organizations to flourish, but we are still the law." He says angrily.

My expression changes from nice to menacing: "I know you are the law detective, therefore I know that you give punishments, not justice. You see detective I am not a criminal myself, but I have always wondered why people are so selective about who they call a criminal."

He looks at me in confusion and disagreement.
I chuckle.

"Let me simply this for you detective. You call a criminal someone that murders or steals right? Well generally I know that there are other acts that make someone a criminal, but listen to me until the end."

"What are you trying to say?"-he asks interrupting me. He seemed impatient and frustrated, but I was finding it very amusing.

I continue: "As I said before you choose to call a certain group of people as criminals, but somehow forget to include other groups as well.. There are politicians that steal from their citizens, you call them corrupt. Government leaders that wage wars and bomb other countries killing innocent people, but that is a necessary decision? You have police officers that shoot at someone of a different race or skin color just by 'assuming' that they could be dangerous. Yet the court overrules that as self defense and the man is called a hero. The son of a minister gets away with doing drugs because his father is a powerful man with immunity, but the boy that steals or sells to earn a living because the government can't provide him a job is a piece of shit that deserves to go to jail for all his life!"-I say and he stands still, just staring at me.

Then he continues to say: "You cannot equalize these kind of people together."

"Oh I can, and I am doing it. You see detective all these people are criminals, but since we are talking about groups the ones at the top are the biggest criminals that exist. And you know why? Because they use other people's trust to commit these acts, because they believe they are right. A person that steals a bag knows it's not the right thing to do, but he doesn't see another way even though is it wrong. A powerful, rich man doesn't see anything wrong in his actions, on the contrary he believes he is right and he has all the support he needs. THAT.. my dear detective is what makes him dangerous."

"I don't need a morality lesson from a rich woman like you."-he says annoyed. I decided to let it slide since he didn't have anything else left to say anyway.

"I have nothing to hide detective, but unless you have a valid, good reason or a permission from your superiors don't ever bother me with things like this again. The maid will guide you to the way out."-I say and leave the room.

How stupid could this man be? I'm guessing he was new to the job..