Demons of the past

What did Shao mean by that? What was coming?

I had a feeling I knew what was going to happen, but I also knew another thing. I knew that I had to protect my family and the legacy we have. Only I had no idea how to do that.

So I decided to do what I usually do when I feel powerless.

I go to my bag and wear my leather suit. Now that I was back in Tokyo I knew that I had to protect my identity.

After so many years I was staring at the box in the back of my closet. I wasn't afraid to open it, just a little bit intimidated of the following.

I open it, revealing my other self. The wooden mask was staring right at me like it was trying to curse me for leaving her behind.

Such a long time...
I reach out to touch it, it's like it was yesterday.

Quickly I take it from the box and put it in my bag like I was trying to escape any telepathic connection with it.

I get my helmet and go downstairs to my motorbike.

...

Riding a bike at 160 mph made the Tokyo lights look so hypnotizing. I had missed this feeling.

In thirty minutes I was underground in the dark side of Tokyo.

Drugs, gambling, prostitution, black market, everything was here. Well it's true what they say 'Ain't no rest for the wicked'. It was almost the same as before I left it.

My stop was there, at the rusty door. I knock and a man opens the little window.

"Password?"

"Tengu."

"No we've changed it, it's not that anymore."-he says closing the window.

Hmm I guess some things have changed after all.

I knock again.

"Kitsune."-I simply say.

Once again he closes the little window and right after opens the door.

Lucky guess dictated by logic. But finally I was in. This was the largest illegal fighting place in all of Japan. I have missed it.

Blue and purple lights were lightning up the caged rings where people were fighting.

I get to the men in charge of the bets.

"I want in."-I say to him.

"There are no more matches tonight, everything has been announced."-he simply says to me counting up his money.

"Well then we will make some last minute announcements."-I say, showing him a big stash of money.

"Yea I think it can be arranged."-he says smirking and looking at the money in my hands.

...

"And in our final battle for tonight we have Lee!!!"-the spokesman announces.

Everybody starts cheering. Oh look somebody is a popular boy.

"And he will fight against the Night Mistress!!"

Aaaand they started booing me.
It's only fair I guess they placed the bets in favor of the champion there and frankly Lee had quite a large physique.

I put my mask on prepared to become my other self. Every time I put that mask on I let go of who I am and become one with my demon.

The bell rang and it was time to fight. For a moment it was just back and forth walking then Lee unleashes towards me.

I manage to escape his grip, I was going to fight but considering his physique I had to think of a good strategy.

"I am going to rip that mask from your face."-he says and lunges at me once more.

This time I get under him, climb on his back and wrap my legs around his neck. With my fists I start punching repeatedly his head in order to make him less coordinated.

He manages to remove me from my position and throw me in the ground on my back.

I was laying down in pain but managed to get up. As he was trying to regain balance I kick him in his stomach. Of course that wasn't going to bring him down.

Angrily he reaches out and kicks me, knocking me down.

As soon as he is about to stomp on me I manage to roll and then get up. I punch him in the ear, and then roll another punch at his jaw, then rotate and kick him in the face.

I step on his left leg and grab his arm twitching it. Then I grab both of this arms stretching them and step on his back.

He starts groaning in pain. One quick hit on his neck with the side of my hand and he is down.

I get up victorious, people looking at me in shock. Guess size doesn't matter.

"Good fight, here is your share."-the man from the bets tells me.

"Keep it."-I say.

"What kind of fighter are you?"-he asks me looking indignant.

"The kind that's in it for the fight."-I say walking away.

...

I get out and look for where I left my bike.

"You just can't get out of trouble can you?"-I hear a voice echo.

Kai?

"Well to be fair trouble has always been fond of me... and you too."-I say smiling.

"Very true."-he says smiling at me.

Kai was one of the people that worked for my father. But he was much more than that. My parents took him in when he was sold as a slave among many others. Yes slavery still happens in Asia. People say it doesn't but it does and not only in here, but all over the world.

After that Kai became a trustworthy person for the family and would do anything for us. He was five years older than me but we practically grew up together.

I give him a hug and get my helmet.

"So you are back to this too?"-he asks me.

"I never left it."-I say as I get in my bike.-"I didn't see you at the funeral."

"I was there, just wanted to let you grieve in peace." He says

I get another helmet and offer it to him.

"I brought my own."-he says showing me his Kawasaki and grabbing his own helmet.

"Just like the old times."-I say and start the engine.