Hannya VS Oni

A/N The difference between them is that Oni are demons, and hannya is a demon lady. There can be both male and female oni(mostly male) but hannya is always a female wrathful demon.

Nao's POV

It was too much. I was trying and fighting, but it was too much. I don't know how I am going through with this, I guess my brain just knows that I have to, but it's too much. There was no peace anymore, I couldn't sleep, I couldn't cry, I couldn't live.

I was broken. And nobody knew that but me, nobody was going to know it but me. So tired of everything...

I was trying to escape my thoughts by playing Gymnopédie no.1 on the piano, but I couldn't connect with it. It was raining outside.. I could hear the dynamic life that embraced Tokyo, I could even sense the petite raindrops traveling through the thick air. I didn't know if it was a sad rainy day or just me.

There were people walking down the streets, some were driving. Many families were probably together in their house taking a day off on this melancholic day, maybe there were mothers looking at the window waiting for their sons to get back home. Lovers were finding comfort in each other's arms and artists giving life to their inspiration.

And I was here... thinking about all this while playing an ambient composition. I felt so alone..
My mind couldn't handle it anymore so I start playing notes out of proportion and hitting the keyboard with my palm.
Angry with my nihilistic thoughts I get up and storm out of the library.

In the middle of that rainy evening I grab my helmet and get to my bike. There was only one place where I could go.

After so much traffic I was finally back to the underground. I see the man that took care of the bets in the underground fighting ring get off my bike.

"Sign me up for tonight."-I tell him. He couldn't see me because I still had my helmet on.

"You're the masked girl."-he says looking at me.

"Are you going to sign me up or not?"-I ask impatiently. I really wasn't in the mood for chit chat.

"Of course."-he said.-"We have had some great newcomers lately, I'll sign you up against one of them."

Great. The only thing that I wanted was to release my wrath. And I didn't even feel sorry for whoever that was going to be up against me.

...

After a couple of other matches, now it was my turn. I get ready and put on the mask.

"We have someone coming back to fight tonight!!"-the spokesman says while people cheered.-"The Night Mistress is back!"

People started cheering. Who knew?
I get inside the caged ring and wait for my opponent.

"And tonight she will be up against... Ōtakemaru."-he yells and people start cheering even more.

I roll my eyes, a demon name, so what?

He gets inside the ring and all I could do was stare shocked. It was him.. it was Hiroto!!

He was wearing loose, simple, thin clothes and his hair was down. He looked like a hermit.

The bell rings and we face each other. His eyes focused on me while he was looking at me up and down probably wondering about my face.

From the way he was moving I could tell he was very skilled in Capoeira and jiu jitsu. It fitted him.

I run towards him aiming for his abdomen, but he manages to dodge the attack.
He keeps moving his body like he was dancing.

I try once again and this time I manage to hit him on his neck right below his ear.
He gets a bit unbalanced and then raises his head and looks at me. It's like he wasn't even planning to fight.

I do a flip and get close to him, quickly I get down and with my right leg I kick him, bringing him down. He grabs my arms and stares into my eyes: "The mask, the fury.. it's you isn't it?"-he asks still staring at me like he wasn't certain of anything.

I don't say anything, instead I get up. Then I punch him on his left cheekbone and right after that his jaw.

He lowers his head and then manages to hit me on my chest.
I groan.

He comes towards me again and grabs my neck: "I know it's you, there is only one woman that can channel the wrath of Hannya and I know it can only be someone as mad as you."-he says angrily, but more than angry he seemed impatient.

I twist his arm and manage to bring him down: "Who knew the guy in a fancy suit could end up in underground fighting dressed like a beggar."-I say getting up. I was laughing under my mask.

He gets up and attacks me with his elbow kicking me on my stomach: "I knew it, I could feel you."-he says and I freeze as I hear those words. That's what triggered me!

I get up and hit him in the throat with my forearm, then I keep delivering punches repeatedly on his face, a kick on his rib and one last punch right on his chest.

He goes down bleeding but he didn't make a sound. All he did was look at me.

The spokesman announces me as winner while I got out of that ring not knowing if I felt better or worse than the beginning of this day.