Merge

It was a lazy morning and after a long time I was laying in my bed with very little desire to get out.

Oddly my mind kept wondering back to Hiroto, to the threats that came with him, but not only that. I couldn't stop thinking about him as an entity, about his face, his voice, the cold look on his eyes. It was weird, I had only met him a couple of times, but he was always somewhere on my mind.

If I kept thinking about this I was going to go insane so I decide to get up. I take a long shower and then go downstairs. There were a pile of letters on the desk. Today's mail had come in and I start opening it.
Bills, documents, the usual stuff and then my eyes catch a white envelope. I decide to open it.

It was an invitation. Hiroto was organizing a party to inaugurate his new business here in Tokyo and had invited me with the other members of the organization.

Great, I have to see him again and be even more confused. I don't know if I should go, but then again if I didn't the other members would find it suspicious considering I was the one that suggested the merge. I had gotten myself deep in quicksand and I didn't know how to get out.

...

It was 7Pm, the party started at nine. And I still wasn't sure if I wanted to go or not. I knew that I had to, but being there in his presence made me feel strange and I didn't like it, I needed to be as far away from him as I could.

But then again as leader of the Yakuza I had to be there, he was now part of the organization and my presence there was necessary. I had to stop overthinking so much and start getting ready to go there. I guess I just had to avoid Hiroto all night.

I start getting ready. First I curl my hair and then I go onto my makeup, light pink eyeshadow and white cut crease, eyeliner and a light nude lipstick. Then I go to the closet to search for an appropriate dress for the occasion. I decided to go with a gown by Ralph and Russo and light turquoise heels.
I grab a purse and head out to the car waiting outside.

...

It was late, but I was finally there. At the entrance of his mansion there were many sport cars and people of stature. There were cameras and reporters. For a man that likes secrecy that was quite a lot of attention.

I walk in and see some of the members of the organization. The event seemed more like a gala than a party. It reminded me of those fancy parties that the Great Gatsby from Fitzgerald's book would organize.

There were many familiar faces, some of them came to me and had a small chat, but all I wanted was to get out of there as soon as possible.

And then I look at him, he was far away from where I was standing talking to some people smiling. It was a cold smile, more of a courtesy. Then he goes to the center of the stage:
"Ladies and Gentlemen, I am glad you are here tonight at the opening night of my business. I am sure that me and all of you will do great things working together." He says while everyone applauds as soon as photographs took a few pictures he left.

Guess he doesn't like pictures... or speeches for that matter.

"Miss Nao."-Haru, one of the members of the organization greets me.

"Good evening mr. Haru."-I tell him while he grabs two glasses of champagne and gives one to me.

"I didn't see you at first and I thought you weren't going to come."-he says and he takes a sip of his champagne.

"It was a late decision, but I had to come."I tell hi'. "What do you think so far."

He looks at where Hiroto was: "Well he is a businessman that's for sure, but it's too early to trust him, Chotan think the same."