Tales of the Hannya

A/N Yoji yamamoto is my most favorite designer and I just had to include him. He is an inspiration that has affected me in my everyday style and creativity.

As many downfalls that my life had there were some good things about it too.
Art, couture and finesse were some of them. I could enjoy certain things that most people couldn't even though the prize I had to pay was high.

It was Tokyo fashion week and as a young woman of business I was invited in many events. Right now I was going to Yoji Yamamoto's fashion show.

Making public appearances could be dangerous, but also necessary and Yoji was a friend of the family.

I had decided to go for a dramatic look with brown eyeshadow and dark lipstick. For the outfit I was wearing a Black dress from his previous collection, leather combat boots and a hat.

I had a different style than most people, but then again most people went after trends and fashion changes, but style is what makes us who we are

I took my seat on the front row and waited for the fashion show to begin.

...

After the glam and couture I went backstage to meet with Yoji.

He sees me and opens his arms wide: "Cherry blossom, I'm so happy you could make it."-he says giving me a warm smile.

"I wouldn't miss it for the world."-I say hugging him.

"Come."-he says as he grabs my hand and walks towards a white bench.-"I heard about what happened, I'm sorry."

We were sitting on that white bench while everyone else was taking and the models were changing outfits and he was keeping his hand on mine comforting me.

"It's okay now."-I simply say smiling at him.

"I have been close to your family for many years ever since you were a child. You hold a very special place in my heart and I can tell that you are far from okay."-he says looking at me with a concerned look on his face.

"It shall pass."-I say trying to hide how I was feeling.

He looks at me for a while: "You know the story of the Hannya they teach us when we are children? The man-eating demon with a wrathful spirit... How she is summoned by anger and violence, using her claws to tear apart everyone.
When I was you last year in Paris you were still the Cherry blossom I knew, but I see that you have changed. And just like the Hannya behind all this wrath I can see that you are deeply sorrowful and tormented."

"It'll pass, you know I always get through anything."-I say tapping the back of his hand reassuring him.

"You have always been a fiery soul. Even when you were quiet. You can be dangerous and stronger than anyone. People like you my dear are like great weapons, you can never be changed. We can use a spear as a walking cane but that doesn't change it's nature."

Then he takes a deep breath: "What I'm trying to say is don't let your new life change who you were. Don't let yourself get lost in the fire that comes from you. You can be the Hannya and our Cherry Blossom."

I couldn't say anything, all I could do was give him a hug.
He smiles at me "I am so glad to see you, but I must get back on that runway."

"Of course. People need their creator.. and thank you so much. Talking to you can always make me feel better."-I say and walk away.

...

Am I winning a war and loosing myself in the process? In this case change could be good, but loosing my soul in the process is too much a risk, but I have to, this is my legacy, my duty.

All these thoughts were tormenting me so I just decide to lay in the couch and watch tv. The news were on:
"A fire just occurred in one of the bars in South of Tokyo. There are 3 victims so far and many others were injured. It is believed that the fire was intentional and the bar is one of many properties that belong to the Yakuza organization."

I grab my phone and immediately call Kanji

"Are you seeing this?"-I ask referring to the editorial.

"Yes, we were there. I was just about to come and tell you Ma'am. Until now we don't know who did it, but we will find out."-he says.

What was going on? From one disaster to another!
At this moment peace seems so far, almost unreachable.

"As soon as possible."-I say and hang up the phone call.

As much as I tried to keep my sanity something would happen that would set loose all my demons. And I couldn't be the cherry blossom.. look what they do to cherry blossoms!

...

Now somewhere in Tokyo..

"It is only the first strike. And many others will come. We will hit her again and again until we get what we came for. Full control! Eventually she will loose and retreat."-the man standing up says.

Most of the other men seemed to agree and then another man spoke:
"You have so much to learn yet. You have seen what she has done, you have heard what is being said. You hear the words in the underground."-says the man sitting on the chair.-"The Hannya doesn't retreat when you hit her. She attacks."