Business propositions

I was certain that I was gonna win against Hiroto. So far I had to say he was the most powerful person I've ever gone up against. But I wasn't gonna fail.

I hear steps in the hallway and then Kanji walks in. He seemed worried and frustrated.

"What is it?"-I ask looking at his state.

"It's Hiroto, so far he has taken over most of the people we do business with. Now he controls most of the merchandise and we can only negotiate with him."-he says.

What? How could this be possible? He just got into the city!!!

"How many?"-I simply ask him, without loosing my temper.

"About 13 businesses and companies."-he says running his hand on his face.

It was true, Hiroto's ambition was limitless, but I wasn't going to let him take my cut. Somehow he had found a way to conquer the very essence of what we needed, the fuel of our organization. But I had done my homework and I had something in mind, Something that at first I had to discuss it with the rest.

...

"It's the only way."-I tell the other heads.

"We cannot trust him, he wants to be in control."-says Haru one of the members.

"It's true, he does and this way we can keep him under observation. So if or when he tries to take a hit at us we will be ready for him."-I say trying to convince the members.

"It is very risky I must say, but yes it's the only way. His men are highly trained even if they're low in number and we already have enough attention from the police. If this situation goes on it will bring us great losses. So I agree."-says Chotan giving me a supportive look.

The rest seemed to agree with him and in the end the decision was made.

...

I sent word to Hiroto that I wanted to arrange a meeting and it was going to happen tonight at a bar. Again it would be just me and him, I would't want to expose the other members because I couldn't trust him.

I get ready to meet with him. I did a nude eye makeup and brown lipstick. Then I put on a short black dress, some black boots and a long black coat. To finish the look I decided to wear some golden jewelry.

The place where we were going to meet was a rooftop bar in the center of Tokyo. It was always crowded with people which made it easier to arrange meetings especially with people you do not trust.

 It was always crowded with people which made it easier to arrange meetings especially with people you do not trust

He was already there, sharply dressed in a blue suit, looking at the view. If you would see him from afar he strikes you more as a samurai warrior than a criminal boss.

I walk in attracting the attention of many people including his. He sees me and stands up, we shake hands and sit down.

He looks at me like he usually does, like he was trying to read me and says: "When my man told me that you were inviting me on a date I must admit I was shocked. This is a date right?"-he asks and smiles.

"This is your way of saying you want to get you ass kicked a second time right?"-I say giving him a fake smile.

He chuckles: "No, but maybe it was my way of saying that I would enjoy a date with you."

I really hated his irony and charming voice. What the fuck was wrong with him? Or me? I'm not so sure at this point everything feels wrong.

"I have a proposition to discuss with you and in the end of this meeting you will give me an answer."-I say trying to sound as cold as possible. As much as I hated him he had an effect on me nobody else had. And I hated to admit that even to myself.

He leans back on his chair and crosses his legs: "Alright, I will listen to your proposition, can't guarantee a positive answer."

The waiter comes and we both order a bottle of red wine. I was going to need alcohol to stay in his presence.

He looks at me, a light smile on his face. "So? What is proposition?"-he asks leaning in.

"We know that you now own most of the businesses that work with us. So we have come to a decision and we are proposing to you to be a part of our organization."-I say looking at him dead in the eye. I couldn't believe those words came out of my mouth.

He stands there, thinking. None of us was speaking. Then he ends that silence: "Well I didn't believe this was going to happen.. I will accept the proposition, but my businesses are mine only, and our share is equal."

"I knew this was going to come up and we agree, you also have to keep in consideration that from now on you cannot take any actions against us or the price you'll pay will be high."-I say to him as I take a sip of my wine. One mistake Hiroto, one mistake and I will gladly end you.

"Fair enough."-he says and raises his glass.- "To new alliances."

We toast and I get ready to leave, but he grabs my hand: "Stay, now that we will work together I want to know who am I working with."

I smile: "Like you haven't done your research."

"Well, research gave me intel, but talking to people is different. I am aware of many things, but I want to prove them by myself."

"And why all the interest in one specific member?"-I say referring to myself.-"If you want to get to know all of the people working on you why be around me so much?"

He looks at me, a dark look in his cold eyes: "Let's just say that I have a thing for demons."

All I could do was laugh: "You shouldn't try to get to know demons mr. Hiroto it could end up in fatality."-I say looking right at him.

I could take my eyes off him for some odd reason. I was like watching something that you shouldn't, but you just can't stop.

"I wouldn't mind."-he says as if he was challenging me.

"This was fun, but the deal is done and I must go."-I say trying to free myself from that situation. I was afraid, afraid of not wanting to leave.

"Alright."-he says and gets up with me. We get to the elevator where a long and uncomfortable silence surrounded us. As soon as I was about to leave he grabs me by my waist and pulls me back to him.

"I keep thinking you want to escape me, but I'm not sure why. And I have a feeling it's not because you find me intolerable."-he whispers as my forearms were supporting his chest.

"Don't think about it too much, it'll cause you a headache and we need you now for other things."-I tell him angrily as I free myself from his grip and walk away.