꧁~Sunrise~(Part I)꧂

What a mesmerizing sight.

The atmosphere was calm as I sat, eating my cereal, and staring at the sunrise through the window.

"Mary, I'm off to work now."

For the past thirty minutes that I had been awake, she had been running in and out of rooms getting ready for her day. She went from an old t-shirt and pajama pants, to styled hair, a pantsuit, and heels.

"Alright mom."

I looked at her as she grabbed her keys from the countertop.

She picked up her work bag, "I'll be home around eight O'clock."

"Okay."

Sliding her sunglasses on her face, she then came my way. She ran her fingers through my hair, not bothering to look into my eyes as she said, "I don't understand why you refuse to just cut this, I personally do not understand how you tolerate having so much hair."

Oh dear god.

Slightly leaning away from her so she would lose her grip, I sighed in annoyance and replied, "yeah I know, you bring it up a lot mom."

Her expression was enough to tell me that she still hadn't realized how much her persistence to be "helpful in her own way" ticked me off.

After exchanging those few words, we said our goodbyes.

She didn't look back as she went towards the front door and walked outside.

Soon after, I could heard her car pulling out of the driveway.

I eventually finished my bowl and placed it in the sink to rinse it off. Then, I went to get ready.

~~~~

As I sat on the front porch, waiting for the bus, I took out my phone and scrolled through the list of my classes.

The clock on my phone read:

6:29 a.m.

Since last school year, it had been routine for me to already be outside at this time. With everyone else in the house awake by now, I made sure to stay out of the way.

~~~~

6:50 a.m.

The bus had finally arrived.

As I walked up the steps, I  took a quick glance around, and saw three or four people on the bus, but that was expected since I was usually one of the first stops.

I then made my way down the narrow walkway between the rows without taking the time to identify anyone, or look at faces.

Deciding to sit towards the middle of the bus, as I kept walking, I slid my phone in the pocket of my jacket, and let out a yawn.

Then, in a matter of seconds, I felt myself being tugged by the arm and pulled into a seat.

What the hell?

I snapped by head in the direction of whoever had a grip on my arm. Now, I was face to face with an all too familiar person.

Shit.

"Drew? What the hell?" I said as I tore my arm from his hands.

The bus began to drive.

Do they not see this shit?

Out of initial panic, I was already trying to maneuver myself out of the seat.

He now had me restrained me by the wrists, "No, María, stop."

"Let me go, please," I pleaded with him, still trying to get away.

He was about to say something else, but he didn't have enough time as I pursed my lips and forcibly blew spit right in his face.

In an instant, he released his hold on me and quickly brought the bottom of his shirt to his face to wipe it off.

"You bitc-"

Not wasting time, I threw myself out of the seat and into the aisle.

Scrambling to my feet, I realized the bus had stopped.

A few rows in front of me, there was a tall brown-headed boy, starting to take a seat in the front of the bus.

Fuck it.

I didn't stop to think before I found myself rushing to the front of the bus.

I jumped in the seat, I was now next to him.

~The Boy's POV~

I was nervous to be starting a new school - not to mention, in sophomore year - and having to socialize with people; so when a girl jumped into my seat, I was more than startled. I was terrified.

I caught her in my arms out of pure reflex. She sat up quickly and looked over the back of the seat.

This boy was glaring at her... and, me?

What the hell is happening?

The female quickly shot her head in my direction, making me jump.

She gave me a weak smile.

"Sooo... I'm sorry," I assumed she was talking about the whole jumping into my seat thing.

She then put her bag under her feet.

So she's staying here. Great.

I just nodded.

"My name's María, what's yours?"

She held up her hand.

Am I hallucinating, or is this for real?

"Um, you can call me T-Techno," I said in a quiet manner. I raised my hand to shake hers.

Who was this girl?

(A/N- Ugh I really do hate how these chapters are so short. I had to make it like this so the POV and thoughts could be split up. Oh btw this is one of my favorite chapters, idk why. Anyways I love you guys❤️)

(A/N- UPDATE: this chapter has been updated on February 17th 2021, I'll probably update this again in the future.)

(A/N- UPDATE: this chapter has (now) been updated on May 15th 2021. [I'm going back and starting to re-edit older chapters.])

(-Hamster)
586 words

Now
664 words

(Again) Now
928 words