꧁~End Sunday~(LXIV)꧂

c.64

Some time ago, I had leaned back on a wall of pillows, but made sure she stayed in my grip.

Head buried in my chest, her long, black hair hid her face from sight.

And though my eyes were heavy, that didn't deter me from staying awake, staying aware.

I watched through my window as a cardinal landed on a branch, tilting its head as it appeared to be examining the near surroundings.

~~~~

The girl began to stir, shifting in my hold. She was waking up.

Taking a gentle finger, I brushed away the hair that covered her eyes.

"Hey," I whispered to her.

She mumbled a 'hi' back to me, slowly regaining her tired conscience.

One look at the bags that remained under her eyes, the concern gave me no comfort.

"We'll need to discuss your sleep schedule sometime soon, but now right now."

She said nothing to further my statement, favoring what silence could only explain.

"So how do you feel?"

~María's POV~

My body felt weak, my brain was exhausted, and I didn't know if I could hang on.

"Tired," I said with a brief slur.

He nodded, releasing me from his arms, and standing up with no prior warning.

"I'm going to get you something to eat, what do you want?"

Taking a moment to think, I responded, "scrambled eggs will be fine, t-thank you."

~~~~

As I took the first bite, I couldn't stop myself from immediately taking another.

"Th-this is phenomenal, thank you s-so much," I said to the boy across the room, sitting in his gaming chair.

He just smiled, happy with my reaction, but obviously lost in thought.

"Whatcha thinking 'bout?" I questioned, a hint of uncertainty in my own sentences.

His eyes flickered to mine, as he bluntly said, "you."

"W—what?"

Processing what he had just said, he quickly corrected himself.

"No, no, no I mean that I've been thinking about something I've got to ask you."

"Oh," I raised an eyebrow, "what d-do you need to ask me?"

As he fidgeted with the sleeves on his shirt, his voice became lower, "I want to know if you'll come to a wedding with me?"

~Techno's POV~

The look on her face switched in an instant, confusion filling her expression.

"I'm sorry... what?"

"I want you to come with me to my cousin's wedding in Gatlinburg, Tennessee, for two weeks," I rushed the words out of my mouth.

Waiting for her to say something, I watched as the blank look on her face appeared, letting me know she was thinking.

"Gatlinburg, you say?" a smile found her lips with ease.

"Yep."

"That's actually sounds q-quite appealing."

Her eyes sparkled with burning interest, "count me in."

For a moment I lost my words, registering her answer and if I heard it as correct.

"Wait," I had a stupid smile on my face, "really?"

"Yeah, w-why not?"

Fighting the urge to get up and engulf her in a hug from my excitement, I leaned back in my chair and grinned, turning away from her line of vision.

"You're cute, y'know that?"

Closing my mouth, I was completely caught off guard, heat rushing to my face as I sat awkwardly.

"Are you still drunk?" is all that rolled out.

There was a quiet second, although I couldn't see her, I knew she was evaluating her state.

"A little tipsy, but I l-like it this way," I knew she was smiling as the pitch in her voice changed.

"B-but why would that matter? I-it's not like I think any differently about it when I'm completely sober, I just don't s-say all the things I think or what comes to mind."

Spinning the chair around, I looked at her playful expression, but I moved on from the topic, "why did you say yes to coming?"

While my tone only became slightly serious, my curiosity was at it's peak. I was all ears for everything she said.

"I like s-spending time with you, I want to spend time with you," her eyes flickered away, "what about you, why'd you i-invite me?"

Isn't it obvious?

"I have to say, you and I have the same reasoning."

Words definitely weren't what defined our relationship, at least not the words in this language.

Mi Amor.

(A/N- I hope you liked the chapter! In my opinion, it was alright, but tell me what you thought, I LOVE your feedback. [And] I love you! ❤️)

(Hamster Fact: Many pet stores will market the hamster cages [or all type of animal cages for those animal] in their stores, as 'suitable' for hamsters, but in reality, are lying right to your faces.)

(-Hamster)
Words
795 words