꧁~Preparing~(LXVI)꧂

c.66

Sitting upright in my bed, I pressed the 'call' icon on the phone, a grin covering my face.

This is so exciting!

It rang for only a second or two, before the boy's voice was heard from the speaker.

"Hallllo?"

"Hey," I said in a soft voice, silently chuckling at his greeting.

The change in his tone was evident, "oh, María.. is everything okay?"

"Everything is more than okay," I smiled, "guess what."

"What?"

"Wellll... my parents are letting me come with you to Gatlinburg!"

A heavy silence filled the call from line to line, and then he spoke up.

"No. Fucking. Way."

~Techno's POV~

I wanted to speak with contained happiness, but I couldn't hide the fact that I was overwhelmed with it.

"So what're we doing there, you know, other than the whole wedding?"

I thought for a moment, realizing that I wasn't actually told what the plans for the trip were.

"Umm, to be completely honest, we'll be experiencing the unknown, together because I don't know either."

"Well at least we'll have each other."

I could hear it, I could hear it in the way she talked, she was smiling.

The world doesn't stop when someone smiles, but her smile stops mine.

So I repeated her words back to her, "at least we'll have each other."

~~~~

"Why do you appear to be in such a good mood?"

Stopping, I noticed my sister standing in doorway of her room, staring at me.

I just smiled, continuing my walk downstairs.

She said my name a few times after that, but I payed her no mind, my enthusiasm not fading.

With a knock of my mother's office door, I paraded into the space, a triumphant expression on my face.

"What?" the woman asked with genuine curiosity and a hint of concern.

A sly grin beamed on my face like rays of the sun, "María can come."

Her smile was gentle, it had always been, but the look in her eyes were tired.

~Mrs. Billiam's POV~

Fully aware that I could just be in my head, the longer I held a gaze on my eldest, the more unsure I found myself to be.

"So... you haven't yet mentioned this to father, have you?"

With a serious tone to his question, it was clear he shared the same thoughts I did on the matter.

Even after a marriage of eighteen years, I wasn't positive how my husband would react to Techno bringing along María. Techno seemed to understand this as well.

I calmly replied, "no, son, I figured you wished not to inform him about your guest."

"That is," my eyes met his, "unless you want me to say something to him?"