꧁~Know Ya~(Part IV)꧂

"What did you just call me?"

I was falling. I was falling. I was falling. I was falling into a pit of my own embarrassment.

"It was a joke María." I'm such a dork.

"Oh ok, thank god!" she gasped out. Hmm.

"Well, let's keep going, I don't want you to miss too many classes today," I pointed out to her.

"I have a better idea than going to class," she grinned at me.

~María POV~

I led the way as Techno trailed behind me. We began to descend the hill; I went first.

The feeling of being comfortable is something I cherish deeply.

I was chatting with Techno about his classes when my foot got caught underneath a branch, thus causing me to trip.
I felt myself start to fall. I was falling.

It almost felt like slow motion, the falling that is. I could feel my shock rise in my body at a fast rate. Then suddenly...

I stopped falling.

Something caught me mid fall. I felt arms wrap around my waist... holding me. I looked up and saw Techno's face above my chest with a startled look. Whoa.

My eyes met his.

For no reason at all, my legs lost control. I felt myself fall back more. Techno quickly tightened his grip on my body and pulled me closer. Closer.

He began to lift me up. I then grabbed him and clung to his arm for support.

I once felt that my happiness was stolen on that night.

I was finally back on my feet. I let go of his arm.

"You need to be more careful."

"It was the branch's fault though," I said turning to point at the branch.

"Yeah sure, blame the branch."

"It was the branch's fault Techno!"

"Yes I'm sure it was."

But today has shown me that I can still find trust in people.

~~~~

He still didn't know where I was taking him.

We finally got to the parking lot of the school.

"So we are going back to class?" he looked at me confused as I walked towards the building.

I walked into the lobby and picked up my bag that I had sat down earlier.

I smiled at the ladies in the office and waved. They waved back at me as I turned to walk out the door. I'm sure they don't mind me skipping.

"Nope," I grabbed his wrist and walked out of the parking lot and onto the sidewalk.

"HEHH?"