Chapter 25

Luke had let Michael stay the night in the end. Only because he was still slightly intoxicated and it was 4am and he didn't want him to be murdered or anything of the sort. He'd convinced Michael to sleep in Luke's room while Luke took the couch, though Michael kept saying he'd have the couch, in the end Luke had literally carried Michael, who had been half asleep admittedly, into his room, and in the end he had stayed there, wrapping up in the blankets in an adorable way still.

Luke was now awkwardly laid out on the sofa though, his legs too long for it and the stupid blanket kept falling down and Luke wasn't completely sure if he'd be able to sleep at this rate, and completely frustrated after the eleventh time the blanket fell off of his body and pooled onto the floor, Luke decided just to get up, going over to the dark kitchen, not bothered to turn the lights on, and quietly making himself a hot chocolate in hopes it'll help him sleep.

Luke had thought he was being quiet while doing this, though apparently not, as he saw out the corner of his eye Michael pad out from the corridor that led to the bedroom and into the kitchen, pulling the sleeve from the sweater he'd borrowed from Luke as he had nothing to sleep in himself, sleepily over his eyes. He didn't say a word as he walked over to Luke, sitting up on the counter.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" Luke asked while finished off his drink and then sipping at it, though he felt a bit guilty for doing so when Michael didn't have anything.

Michael shook his head slightly, staring down at the ground,"N-no, I've b-been awake this whole t-time," he muttered sleepily, running his hands up and down his own thighs to warm himself up and Luke watched him methodically, downing his warm drink while they stood and sat next to each other in silence.

"Ya k-know, I really am sorry L-Luke, l-like, so so s-so sorry, I hate m-myself for d-d-doing that t-to you, and C-Calum as well, l-like shit Calum was a f-fucking d-douchebag I k-know know, I'm sorry," Michael muttered, his voice trailing off towards the end, and Luke sighed, nodding slightly, and he placed one of his hands on top of Michael's.

"You know I love you Michael, I forgive you, I swear, it's just, I don't know if we can do it at all, you need sex, I get it, it's part of your life, like food and water. I don't, and that's just me. Together though, will it work? I just feel it can't, not in the long run at least. Sorry," Luke muttered honestly, and some part of him really just felt that, it would work better if they did try. He wanted too, but he couldn't without the feeling he'd just be dragging Michael down and away from something he needed. It sucked though, all of this really.

Michael nodded solemnly, turning his hand over and linking his fingers with Luke's gently,"C-Can we b-be friends still?" he asked quietly, looking down at their hands shyly.

Luke smiled softly, rubbing his thumb along the back of Michael's hand gently,"That's what I think is best," he replied gently,"For both of us," he added softly.

Michael sighed gently, but nodded again, resting his chin on top of Luke's head sleepily,"C-Can you c-come and c-cuddle with me in b-bed?" he asked carefully, his breath running along the back of Luke's neck,"Just as f-friends."

Luke smiled a little, looking down at the ground,"Anything to get off that sofa," he replied, moving away from where'd he'd been leaning against the counter, and Michael hopped down from sitting there, and together the made their way to Luke's room.

They both shuffled into the double bed, and to begin with they both lay apart from each other, but Luke couldn't stand the distance between them, he missed the contact they had had, the small contact between their hands or the larger one of cuddling, anything was what Luke wanted.

Slowly he rolled over, wrapping him arms around Michael's waist, and pulling him over so his back was against Luke's chest, and Michael murmured something incoherent, shuffling backwards to be closer to Luke.

"I'm glad things aren't awkward," Michael muttered sleepily, his hands placed on top of Luke's, which were pressed against Michael's stomach, and Luke loved the warmth they shared now,

Luke smiled gently, his eyes drooping in sleep, but he still muttered,"Yeah, me too," but Michael was already asleep, not hearing it.

I'm so dead today kill me

I've spent the last two days ignoring responsibility and watching shitty films on Netflix and im incredibly tired so any mistakes still there point them out im sorry

I'm also still ill which sucks man like why me but anyway Imma go watch more shitty films and live off ice cream some more l8r sk8rs