Chapter 8

Add Nara by Alt-J to playlist pls and thank

A few other people had soon arrived, and they were talking animatedly between each other, while Luke rushed around to get them all the drinks they wanted. Along the way Luke had tripped over, thankfully with just an empty glass in his hand. The smash of glass had rung out in the living room, causing everyone to stop what they were doing to stare at him, and Luke heard a couple of people laugh. Luke waved if off though, cleaning up the mess while muttering about how being 80% legs had its downfall, which people laughed more to.

Once Luke had decided his guests were all contempt, he found himself looking around for Michael. Thankfully, it didn't take him long to find the boy with the bright red hair, and he shuffled around the few people, throwing himself down on the sofa beside Michael.

Michael turned his head around and smiled at Luke, and Luke smiled back, enjoying the way they can almost communicate without words, and Luke shuffled closer to Michael, running one arm around his waist, and he saw Michael blush ever so slightly, and Luke smiled softly.

After a few moments of silence, Luke spoke up,"So, how are you?" He asked softly, rubbing small circles on Michael's hip with his thumb.

Michael shrugged,"O-okay, I suppose," he replied, his voice quiet as usual, and Luke was just able to catch it above the people talking.

"Did you manage to sleep last night without me there," Luke joked, resting his head on Michael's shoulder, and he felt Michael nod.

"W-wasn't as n-nice wa-waking up without you," he whispered, staring down at his fingers.

"Smooth Michael," I say, chuckling softly.

"W-why th-thank you Luke," Michael replied, in some sort of funny posh voice, and I laughed even louder then, pressing his face into Michael's neck softly while continuing to laugh, the butterflies that were appearing in my stomach not wanting to fade.

Michael and Luke sit on the couch for a good hour, giggling over stupid things, talking about nerdy stuff, or just sitting in silence, watching the other people. After a while of this continuing in a calm and simple manner, which yet still caused butterflies to erupt in Luke's stomach and him to occasionally trip over his words, and this whole feeling was completely alien to Luke.

Before long this peace and content was destroyed as Calum sat beside Michael, tearing him away from my grasp. He was obviously a little tipsy, not drunk, but not completely sober either. Which technically was fair given Luke had put out the alcohol for a reason, but it all went to his head and he wanted to punch Calum or something for drinking.

Jealousy. That's what Luke was feeling as Michael talked about something with Calum. He didn't know why he felt jealous, and it was stupid, Michael was allowed to have friends, just something about Calum rubbed him up the wrong way, there was something he didn't like about him. He was arrogant, loud, and thought he was just too cool.

Now that Luke came to think of it, Calum was a lot like himself, and maybe that's why he didn't like him, a competition of wills between them with their large personalities and even larger egos. Hopefully not though, Luke didn't want to have to have Michael go through any of that sorta thing.

It was coming up to half eleven now, and people were starting to migrate to the TV, where Luke was on the channel where the fireworks would be shown. Though it would be nice to be there in person, given they are just across the street, the TV kept showing the huge crowd, and being there you'd probably just be cold and unable to see, so maybe it was better at home.

The TV was turned down low, the music only slightly louder, with The 1975 and Fall Out Boy playing, with just about every genre in between. Calum and Michael had been talking quietly, about whoever knew what. Luke thought Calum had been sitting too close to Michael. He was just jealous and he needed to stop that, he couldn't come off as clingy. He'd known Michael around a week, he couldn't become so devotedly attached just yet. (He couldnt help himself grasp Michael's hand just to make sure Calum new his place still)

Five minutes to go, and Calum disappeared, saying he was gonna go get a drink to celebrate with, and Luke quickly warned him not to go snooping in the fridge for anything, to which he replied flippantly for Luke not to count on in. Luke sighed, not wanting to start a fight, and instead crawled closer to Michael, resting his head on his shoulder.

Michael smiled at Luke,"Sorry you have to p-put up w-with him, b-but I c-couldn't l-l-leave him al-alone on N-New Years," Michael explained quietly, and Luke nodded in understanding. It was fair.

"It's okay," Luke replied, just as softly. Two minutes to go and everyone was now in front of the expensive TV, some on the floor and other standing, a few lucky ones sitting on chairs. Luke was watching Michael's face instead of the screen, liking the way to lit up his face in the otherwise dark room.

1 minute to go and Luke shrugged to himself, crawling into Michael's lap, sitting on his thighs with his own legs spread out at awkward angles on the sofa. Luke didn't care though just to see Michael's small blush on his cheeks grow redder. Around them Nara by Alt-J was playing, someone had turned it up a bit, so it was playing louder around the room as everyone around them starting counting down from ten. Michael and Luke were in their own bubble though, the people around them meaning nothing as they stared into each other's eyes.

"You're pretty," Luke commented, just as the counting down became louder from five. It was true, even in the loud and busy room, all Luke could concentrate on was Michael's face in front of his own.

And everyone started cheering as the New Year was here, except for Michael and Luke, and Luke instead started singing softly to the song that played behind him,"He found me. My Aslan," and Luke brought one hand to the side of Michael's face as he kissed him gently, trying to convey some sort of emotions into the kiss, though he didn't feel like he could get across the 'I really like you's' and the 'you make me a little happier's' across in one kiss, so when they broke away after the couple of seconds, Luke said them aloud, and Michael just nodded, his eyes shining and his face covered with a red blush, but Luke still felt a rush every time he made Michael blush anyway.

Releasing this now instead of like proper New Year's Eve when everyone cares about it cause fuck you that's why

Man I just started writing the drama and god you're probably gonna hate me I'm sorry just don't read chapter 14 when it comes out kids (I'm joking read all my chapters bitch)

Okay so this time tomorrow it will be 2015 and I just want to say to anyone who is struggling with life right now, I'm so proud of you for making it through another year, and well done. I know what it's like, after all, this time last year I was a mess, I wanted to kill myself, I tried twice actually, but I just want to tell you it all gets better, because I'm so much better now, I'm actually in love with myself, which is something I never thought would be possible. Just to let you know, if you're ever in a dark or bad place, just message me, or anyone who you think will help, because it will make you feel better. Just know I love you, okay :)

Well that got real deep real quick im sorry about that but yeah

Don't have much else to say, but if I don't update before then hope you have a great New Year's Eve, and here's to a brand new year full of gr8 things am I right?

L8r sk8rs :))