Chapter 16

Luke managed to reach his apartment safely though, where he grabbed a backpack only, stuffing little clothes in, thinking Ashton would let him borrow stuff when he got to Australia. He was in and out of my apartment in a flash, making sure to grab his passport (after rummaging in a draw for a good ten minutes) on my way out.

Luke then walked in the freezing cold to the nearest taxi bay, which wasn't far given that the main shopping centre was only a few minutes away, and Luke called over and climbed into the first yellow cab that came, telling the driver to take him to the airport, to which of course he obliged.

The taxi driver began by trying to make small talk, asking what Luke was doing out alone so late, but Luke just gave short, snappy answers in reply, and eventually the driver got the message to shut up, leaving Luke alone in silence, except for his thoughts.

Not that Luke wanted to listen to his thoughts anymore than a nosy taxi driver, he stared out the window, rain starting to fall, streaking across the windows, and all Luke could hear was the voice of Calum, telling him he was a freak over and over again, and God did it hurt every single part of him.

The worst part was it was making him question himself as a person, something he hadn't done since he was sixteen, and something he'd never wanted to do, but here he was, believing the words of being a freak and unnatural, and Luke was trying his best not to cry in the cab now.

Luke started to hate the silence, the way it was attacking at his brain and causing him to think too much too quickly. Luke hated the silence until his phone started to ding with text messages. Repeatedly and constantly.

Luke put it on silent quickly, but the vibrations in his pocket was no less annoying to Luke, and he quickly just turned it off in frustration, chucking it onto the seat next to him. Luke then rested his head on the window and hoped this nightmare would end soon.

*

Luke was now sat in the nearly quiet airport, though people still ran around for their flights and after hyper children, while Luke just sat alone while waiting for his flight, which annoyingly wouldn't be ready for another three hours, at the earliest that is. Planes always seemed to be late though, so Luke wasn't hoping for anything.

Eventually the quiet that settled around Luke had gotten too much, the low chatter and people walking around together and Luke jsut felt alone now, no one around to care for him, so Luke picked his phone out his pocket, turning it on again, hoping Michael still wasn't trying to contact him.

Unlocking his phone, he saw 21 texts and 7 missed calls, but Luke just ignored them, opening up itunes and putting his music on shuffle, and not bothering to skip any songs, despite hating most that played at the time.

Luke's whole body was begging for a smoke, but it was too late, he'd already gone through security and had to discard of all the cigarettes that he had on him. This caused him to be completely agitated though, his leg jumping up and down constantly, and he knew if anyone were to talk to him he'd end up snapping at them. Thankfully no one was around to talk to him, so he didn't have to yell at anyone.

Half an hour to go to before Luke could get on the plane, and Luke unlocked his phone again, to text Ashton that he'd be getting on the plane soon, so he'd know when to pick up Luke up from Sydney Airport.

Before he'd managed to click Ashton's name though, he scanned over the most recent text from Michael, which Luke instantly regretted, all it said was I love you, and recklessly Luke tapped Michael's name to read the rest of the texts that were sent to him.

The texts started saying how sorry Michael was, how very very sorry he was, then how he'd ran to Luke's apartment, after kicking Calum out, but Luke wasn't there, how he was worried, how much he loved Luke, and Luke could then feel tears in the back of his eyes, and he screwed his eyes shut, clutching his phone hard in his hand.

He didn't reply to Michael's text, he just needed to distance himself, for a while at least, he couldnt get caught in any more lies and secrets Michael might have. But he didn't want to bring Michael down anymore, Luke may be fine with no sex, but Michael can't be, which must be natural, Luke has to be the unnatural one in the situation, the freak who needs help.

He was trembling in his seat down, bent over his knees while tears fell down his cheek for what seemed like the hundredth time that night, and he held his phone close to his chest, playing his musics louder than before, hoping that the loud guitars and singing will kill his sorrows.

Luke stayed in that position for the next half hour, feeling himself be wrapped into his own little bubble, not able to concentrate on anything except the music in his ears, and he would not of realised that people were getting on the plane unless some guy had tapped him on his shoulder, telling him, pity in his eyes.

Luke dragged himself and his small bag into the plane though, collapsing in his seat, where he hoped to sleep for the whole trip.

Lmao you all hate me I know I'm sorry

Can I say how much I love The Neighbourhood 10/10 man

My favourite thing about this fic is there's no pressure to write smut cause though I will write it I hate to do so it makes me feel all gross and cringey and agh so yeah that's another plus from many about this fic

Gonna try and finish season 1 of oitnb tonight (I know I've taken forever but I've had 3 essays due this week okay?)

Alright that's all l8r sk8rs