Chapter 18

The whole plane journey had sucked actually. Luke and spent most of it trying not to cry, then crying and then having to make sure the business man who was sat next to him didn't notice that the was indeed crying. And that cycle then carried on for the rest of the plain journey, apart from the couple of hours Luke had spent asleep, exhausted from it all.

Luke was extremely happy, well as happy as he could feel at that moment, when he plane had finally landed, and he was able to leave the confided space that he'd been stuck in for so long. Luke only had his handheld bag, so he didn't have to wait for luggage, instead going straight out to where Ash would be.

Luke saw Ashton before he had seen Luke, and Luke ran up to him, crashing into him with a tight hug, and he felt Ash put strong arms around Luke, holding him tight in his chest, and even though Luke was a lot taller, he felt smaller when in Ashton's embrace.

Luke and Ashton stayed like that for a few minutes, just in silence, until Ash spoke up first,"I've missed you," he muttered into Luke's ear, his accent sounding funny to Luke after being surrounded by Americans.

Luke nodded, pulling away from Ash,"I missed you too," he whispered softly,"Take me home?" He added, his voice helpless as he spoke, everything drained from him now, and Ashton nodded, not questioning yet, he always gave Luke time before he asked questions.

The car journey was quite. It was dark already, though Luke didn't know the exact time just then. The roads were still busy though, people going out for who knows what reasons, though no doubt they'd be happy with where they were going, and Luke just wished he was still happy now.

The drive seemed shorter than Luke had remembered, and the old, secondhand pick-up truck Ashton chose to drive pulled into the driveway to his family house.

Ashton hadn't moved out like Luke had been so ready to do as soon as he had turned 18. No Ash loved his family, his two little siblings and his mum, he helped cook and took his brother and sister to school and did all the things big brothers should do, and Luke could only admire that, because he knew he'd be annoyed to have to deal with kids, which made it a good thing he wasn't planning on having any of his own any time soon or ever really.

Ashton climbed out the car, and he then helped a shaky Luke out the car, taking his bag and hand as they quietly walked in, Ash telling Luke how everyone should be asleep, and therefore they'd have to be quite, and Luke didn't say anything in reply, he felt like all words weren't possible to be spoken anymore.

It was completely dark in the house, but Ashton didn't bother turning on the lights, instead guiding him up the stairs and to his room in the dark, knowing the well worn path there perfectly, and next thing Luke knew he was in the familiar space of Ashton's room.

It had changed since Luke had last been there, which was a good 3 years ago now that he though about it. Ash turned on the lights for Luke go see the walls which were once red, now a neutral white, all posters gone apart from two, a Green Day and Paramore one, both next to each other above Ash's desk. The furniture, which was once odd and mismatched now were neat, nicely made, good design.

Despite the finished look, it still felt Ashton, with CDs scattered around as usual, the genres mixing from rap to hardcore to country, and Ashton had always been an open guy to all, music, so this didn't surprise Luke.

Ashton sat on the plush bed, patting the plain white bedsheets for Luke to join him, which Luke slowly did, sitting next to him, and Ashton pulled an arm around Luke's should,ers, pulling him into him,"What happened Luke?" he asked softly.

Luke shook his head,"Mikey, I loved him, so so so much," Luke whispered, his words forced, nothing coming out perfectly,"He cheated, that's what happened." And saying the words out loud made it all so much more real, and Luke wished he could turn back time and somehow stop it happening. He didn't know how much he just wanted everything with Michael to be perfect once again.

That was when Luke started crying again, though he didn't how that could be possible, after all the tears he'd already shed. Ashton just rocked him back and forth, hugging him tighter with strong arms, and Luke pressed his face into his shoulder, his tears turning to hiccuping sobs that echoed in the still house.

After a while of Ashton continuing to sway with Luke, side to side, Luke could feel his eyelids getting heavier, and his brain shutting off, and for once Luke knew he'd have peace in his mind while he slept at least, becuase there his thoughts wasn't a constant Michael Michael Michael

I worked out HMV has an upstairs today and my life has now changed I have bought 5 CDs in 3 days send help

Also I changed my username cause my friend found my account so yeah trying to be safe, but idk if it's even worked in changing uh oh lmao I guess we'll see it's supposed to be Suburbanmuke tho lmao

Okay imma do homework (hahahHa who am I kidding) and stuff l8r sk8rs