Chapter 12

Luke had eventually convinced Michael to stay the night, making up some obvious lie of how the heating was busted and that he needed Michael to stay otherwise he'd catch a cold and no one wanted to see Luke when he was sick.

And eventually, after a lot of convincing from Luke's side, Michael agreed, so now it was 1am and they were cuddled on the couch watching some lame and cheesy romantic comedy Luke had found in Netflix.

Michael was currently tracing small patterns across the small of Luke's back, his fingers trailing across Luke's skin as he had slipped a hand under Luke's shirt, but Luke didn't mind, it was relaxing as they watched the film, with Michael's head rested on Luke's shoulder and Luke's hand running through Michael's hair gently.

Luke didn't think Michael was paying much attention to the film, though neither was he really, as every time he looked over to Michael, he saw him quickly look away, biting his lip nervously and a faint blush across his face, and every time Luke couldn't help but smile and press a kiss to Michael's cheek, making his face go a shade of red closer to his hair.

The film ended, the credits rolled over and Michael and Luke were left in the dark living room, though Luke quickly turned on a lamp by the side of the couch, filling the room with a dim, yellow light that didn't quite reach the edges of the walls.

Quietly Luke crawled into Michael's lap, bringing his face close to Michael's, smiling softly,"Kiss me," Luke then whispered, barely audible, but Michael still heard in the otherwise silent room, quietly complying and bring his hands to Luke's cheeks and they were cold on his face but Luke didn't care as Michael closed the gap between them and warmth ran through Luke's body and butterflies exploded in his stomach and he felt like a 13 year old boy having his first kiss, but this time it felt right.

Their mouths moved against each other, gentle, caring, loving, and Michael carefully caressed the side of Luke's face as they kissed, his fingers trailing along his jaw, to his chin and back again, while Luke just brought one hand into Michael's hair.

Michael was the one to break the kiss, looking at Luke with a small smile on his lips, his breaths puffing on my face and a flush covering his cheeks, and Luke then reached up to kiss his forehead.

"Michael," Luke whispered, his voice low and quiet in the silence that had covered the rest of the room.

Michael looked up at Luke, his green eyes locking to blue, and he smiled softly at Luke, just his thumb still trailing slowly across Luke's jaw,"Y-yeah?"

Luke sighed softly, looking down for a couple of seconds, before returning his gaze to Michael's,"I think I love you, is that okay?" he asked. Luke had never been in love, but he thought that what he felt for Michael must be it, he couldn't explain it, but everything about Michael just felt, right. Maybe it was too soon to know, maybe he was simply just infatuated. But what was the point in waiting to be sure, when Luke simply felt that he did know, he wasn't sure, but he was pretty damn close to it.

Luke saw Michael's eyes widen in the low-light, and only half his face was illuminated, the other half dark,"B-b-but, w-why?" he asked, his voice trembling slightly, and Luke took his hand in his own reassuringly.

"Why what?" Luke asked gently, rubbing small circles on the back of Michael's hand as his hand dropped from Luke's face.

"Why w-would you e-ever think to love m-me?" he asked, looking down to the ground.

Luke sighed slowly, using one finger to tip against Michael's chin to tip his head back up to look at him,"Because, you're fucking adorable, and funny and I can talk with you for hours and never get bored and I like that you're hair is bright red and you have an eyebrow piercing and you pretend to be punk rock but really you're not cause you're too cute for that and I like your voice and the fact you wear a different band shirt everyday and that your music taste is all over the place, but so is mine and I dunno Michael, I feel like we just click, like two puzzle pieces or pineapple on pizza and don't lie to me pineapple on pizza is the best I'll fight you on that, but I don't know if you feel that too, but I hope you do, and I probably just sounded really lame I'll just leave now Jesus Christ."

Luke wasn't expecting Michael to nearly start crying then, and for a moment he thought he had offended him somehow, probably the pineapple on pizza thing, but then he suddenly pulled Luke up into to a hug, and Luke wrapped my arms around him too just as quickly.

Michael pulled away though, a soft smile on his lips,"I know I love you Luke," he whispered, pressing their foreheads together.

"Then I know I love you too."

Wowzors

It's 1am and I have school tomoz (today?) so Imma keep this short I love u a lot idc if we've never spoke, I love you k?

Spotify keeps giving me ads for Walmart, but I live in the Uk ffs

Okay goodnight l8r sk8rs