Chapter 7

It was New Year's Eve, and Luke had invited a few of his neighbours out of courtesy, some of his vague friends, and of course Michael to his apartment for a mini sort of celebration. He'd been spending most of the day cleaning his own apartment, sweeping floors, scrubbing work surfaces, making sure there weren't any weird stains on the floor, until finally he decided that the main rooms at least we're acceptable. His bedroom was a tip, but he was at least hoping no one would go in there.

Luke was now sat on his kitchen counter, watching the oven across from him cook the pizzas, Luke eyeing the clock above the oven to make sure he got them out on the minute. He'd already put drinks out along a different counter, a mixture of soft and alcoholic, though he'd made sure not to have the drinks be too alcoholic as he didn't want anyone getting wasted and throwing up on his couch or carpet or something along those lines.

Luke had actually gone to the effort of making a whole playlist, even if that does make him lame, he really didn't care. He'd tried to keep the playlist calm, with The 1975 and Alt-J, but he couldn't help but slip in some blink-182 and Fall Out Boy in there, because they were kings and everyone who entered his home needed to appreciate them.

He'd plugged his laptop into his speakers, already playing the music gently, and humming along to the tunes quietly, the timer finally dinging, so Luke sprung into action, grabbing his oven gloves that his mother and Ashton had warned many a time to use whenever opening the oven, and eventually he'd listened, after burning his elbow that is. (He still has a tiny scar there which Luke hated)

During the day, Luke had remembered to wake up at 7am, going onto Skype with Ashton, where they talked for three quarters of an hour, which was mostly Luke talking about Michael and Ashton squealing a little, and then them both screaming loudly as the new year rolled around in Australia, and Ash had turned his laptop around to show the fireworks that were on the TV, which before Luke had moved they had watched every year together, snuggled on the couch and eating Christmas chocolate and biscuits.

Once the fireworks had ended, Ashton and Luke signed off, Ashton claiming he needed to sleep if he was going to be up by the time it was Luke's time to go into the new year, and Luke answering that he needed a smoke before setting to his work, which resulted with Ashton's tutting being the last thing he heard as Ashton's face disappeared from the screen again.

12 hours later (which had included a 4 hour nap) and Luke was ready for anyone to arrive, though he had compensated that, and nobody was supposed to arrive for another half hour. Luke likes to be early.

He made sure to make any final preparations, checking there was no stray pieces of dust or a random spider in a corner or anything else of the kind, before he heard the doorbell buzz, causing Luke to jump, making his way over to the intercom, where he could see from the camera that Michael and his friend were waiting, and Luke was quick to let them in.

Luke's face lit up when he saw Michael, even though it had only been a day, he'd already felt pangs of something missing inside of him, and he didn't want to admit it, but Michael was starting to complete him in a way he didn't think was possible.

Luke dragged Michael into a hug, taking in the way he smelt and felt in his touch, so he wouldn't forget, before breaking apart again, smiling widely, for he couldn't help himself, and Michael smiled back, just as wide, a red blush across his cheeks.

The two boys spent a good few seconds staring at each other, until Michael's friend coughed awkwardly from beside them, sending them a small wave as if to say 'hello yes I exist.' Luke looked over him quickly, he had black hair with blonde highlights, and he was wearing black skinnies with a dark plaid shirt.

Michael smiled over at his friend, clearing his throat,"C-Calum th-this is Luke, Luke th-this is m-my friend C-Calum," he said, and Luke waved over at Calum, smiling slightly.

Of course, Calum had to pipe up now, with information Luke didn't need,"By friend, Mikey means ex-boyfriend," he smirked, striding past Luke and into his apartment, and Luke just glared at him, he could feel the jealously starting to boil in his veins. This could end up being a long night.

AYY IM BACK NOW

This took way too long im sorry but Christmas and family got in my way so yeah sorry about that

Did yall have a good christmas? What did u get? I got Livesos, mcr and fob greatest hits albums and the 1975 album yay

Also if you don't celebrate Christmas I hope you're having a great holiday yayyyy!!!!

O also I made a band Instagram account today if u wanna follow it its starryskymgc so yeah go follow if you'd like eee

Next update hopefully won't take as long im sorry about the wait okay imma eat chocolate and stuff now l8r sk8rs :))))